Cherokee Rose

Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm back in town....This past week has been like a nightmare. First all, my mother-in-law is still in the hospital under life support. Her kidneys have failed completely and her body is filling up with fluid. She is in a semi-conscious state. She sometimes moves a hand when you talk to her, but other than that there is no response. She just lays there and breathes throught this ventilator hooked up to lots of wires. There are monitors that we watch for her blood pressure, etc.

Last Sunday I drove home from Caseville...(you're not gonna believe this)...my sister-in-law's mother had a massive stroke and died! She has been at our mother-in-law's bedside for weeks now and then her own mother passes away. So this week has been the funeral....which was actually yesterday. So we come home from the funeral and an hour later the hospital calls and tells us that my mother-in-law's blood pressure has dropped considerably....like 61/16....or thereabouts. So we all rush back up to the hospital yesterday and thought she was going to pass away before the end of the day. Time went on and my brother-in-law ended up taking my sister-in-law home for awhile. She was ready to collapse....she had just buried her mother. Then my husband and I went home and called to check on things. This morning we had heard nothing more, so my husband went back up there. I'm going back in a bit.

My husband had tentatively set up today as the day that she will be taken off the respirator and all life support.....she needs to pass on and not suffer anymore. I'm not sure if my brother-in-law will agree. We all had hoped that she would just pass away on her own and no one has to make that decision.

This has been a very hard time on all of us.

So this weekend is Labor Day and a big beer tent going on in Elkton and I guess I won't be going. My son and my two nephews want to go and I told them to go. If there is a funeral, it won't be until the beginning of next week anyway. So go PARTY!!.....LIFE IF SHORT....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    ooooooooooooooohhh man Diane I am so sorry for what you are going through. I so have been there and when I told them to take my mother off 15 minuets later she was sitting in a chair. I am thinking this willnot happen with your mother in law. PRAYERS!!!!! Hang in there.

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    so sorry for everything that is going on. it has to be so hard. you and your family our in my prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter