Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cheeseburgers and Hospitals.....???

I'm typing from the library from home. Yep, currently I'm back in Redford....here's what's going on: I drove up to Caseville on Thursday and hubby came up by Saturday. It was a crazy weekend with the Cheeseburger festival starting. There were tons of people everywhere in town and lots and lots of cheeseburgers being sold on the streets and booths selling all kinds of stuff. We ate burgers and drank lots of beer and had a good time. Things slow down on Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday is the parade and it will get even crazier after that through the weekend. I even took Mini Sue, my little dog, to the pet fashion show at the vet clinic, and she was all dressed up in her hula girl costume...haha. The traffic in town was so bad that it took my husband 45 minutes just to get through town when he drove up!

Anyway, so Sunday night my son calls us to let us know that my sister-in-law had been trying to reach us. My mother-in-law is in the hospital in intensive care and hooked up to a ventilator and complete life support. They had taken her to the hospital cause she wouldn't eat or drink anything for days. Then while she was there she had trouble breathing and they had to hook her up to a ventilator. So we drove back Monday. We've been at the hospital yesterday and today. Right now, she is basically out of it....I doubt if she even knows we are there....and they have her stablized with machines and drugs. There's a machine keeping her breathing and drugs to keep her blood pressure up. They say that she has pneumonia in her lungs and she is too weak to breathe on her own. They are trying to clear up the pneumonia and then try and wean her off the ventilator. I don't think there is much they can do....but she is on the machines until they figure it out. I'm thinking that they will do what they can do for a couple weeks and then they will just have to remove the tubes and let her go. But then again, she has been in the hospital numerous times and things look bad and she pulls through.

Anyway, we are going to drive back up to Caseville tomorrow and my husband will be back by Sunday. If anything happens in the meantime, we can always drive back sooner. Not much we can do whether we are here or not.

So that's that for now...........

2 Comments:

  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    so sorry to hear about your mother in law. she and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    hey have you been watching rock star and big brother??

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    how is it going?????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter