Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Last Chapter......

Firstly, I finally returned from Caseville Monday. I had planned on coming back the Thursday before, but hubby talked me into staying throught the weekend....oh how he loves his alone time without me and the dogs...haha...anyway, so I drove back Monday. I did the initiation thing with the Eagles and am now officially an Eagles girl! The only reason I joined was so hubby and I could go to the bar there and eat and drink when we're in town. The bars in town suck....either too many "barely old enough to drink" tourist crowds or you get the lowlife locals. Wednesdays the ladies like to meet up there and drink and play this video bowling game...and I swear I'm like one of the youngest ones there...most of the ladies are in their 70's or 80's, and they have pitchers of beer on the table at 1:00 in the afternoon...wow!...cool!!

So when I talked to my hus last week and told him he should take a day off work and drive up for the weekend, he said that there was something going on at work and he'll have plenty of time later. He didn't elaborate on what he meant. So when I got home Monday, I found out.

Apparently his company is doing a complete reconstructure thing and wants to downsize considerably. My hus works in the auto interior seat department and Johnson Controls wants to get out of that area and concentrate more on the heating and cooling aspect. So they sent letters out to everyone asking first for a Voluntary Separation with an enhanced severance package to entice people to agree to leave on their own. If they choose not to do so, then the company will an Involuntary Separation and start laying people off. Some jobs will be saved but they are not saying which ones. It is all an idiotic guessing game. If you are laid off involuntarily, there is a smaller severance package. So the question is to leave voluntarily or take a chance and not volunteer to leave and hope that they won't lay him off. Everyone has until Monday, Oct 16 to decide....one week to decide. Then the lay-offs will take place by Oct 20.

So basically my husband is looking at an early retirement....not a whole lot earlier as he would be retiring within the year anyway, BUT it is still a big step for him to take and I don't think he's really ready for it to be happening right NOW! Good Lord, that means he will be home with me every single f'ng day!!! WE'LL KILL EACH OTHER..........

Are we really that old now??? Are we really entering the last chapter of our lives??? After this, there is only "The End"!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him said…

    hey I came via anohter blog..i think just a mom...

    i saw you were in caseville..i lived in MI all my life up until 2 years ago, Caseville beach is the best..when i went back this summer with my kids they begged to go there.

    go tigers..from a fello michigander:)

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    man that sucks about your hubby's job. hope it all works out in a way that will be best for you two.

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    ooo man we do that in 3 years let me know how it goes. good luck

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter