Cherokee Rose

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Okay...so now I'm putting my stressed out energy into my house. I have this Dirt Devil upright carpet cleaner and I am getting ALLLLLLLL my carpets cleaned one room at a time. So far, I've done the dinette, the living room, downstairs bedroom, the computer room and half the family room. I'm doing the family room in three steps. Yesterday I pulled out the sectional sofa and did that area....today I pulled out the other corner where my chair and other crap sit and did that area....then tomorrow I'll do all the main part. All I will have left to do are the 2 bedrooms upstairs and the hallway, which I will do at a later time. It is so nice to be able to clean them myself and know they are really cleaned. When you call those half-ass carpet cleaner guys, they are zoom-zoom-zoom, done in 30 minutes and out the door, and when your carpets dry all the dirt pops back up and they don't even look clean. I am saving myself so much money besides! I bought the carpet cleaner at an estate sale for $50.

Damn, I wish I could get rid of this frickin headache I've had for a month now...

So yesterday I took my car into the dealership because of some recall thing about my radiator fan blades. I killed some time by treating myself to a lunch at Archie's and read the newspaper. (Archie's is restaurant, not some guy I know...haha) Although if I knew a guy named Archie, I could have had lunch with him too, I suppose. I ordered a grilled chicken caesar salad.

I am really trying to be good about this damn diet I am on, but I think I have lost 1 stupid pound all week....which is REALLY STRESSING ME OUT! Before menopause and quitting smoking I use to weigh under 130.....then after menopause, over 130.....so now without my cigs, I'm over 140....not good. So I quit smoking, gained weight and my blood pressure is worse....go figure!
_____________________________________

So we've been watching the National League playoffs and I think the Tigers can beat either team. But I'm worried about all this time off they are getting. I hope they don't lose their momentum and lose their winning streak.

Jim Leyland is getting alot of credit, BUT the three years Trammell managed the team with Gibson and Parrish coaching helped groom this team and got this team to where they are today.....even Layland is crediting them and said that he merely stepped in at the right time. It's too bad that Trammell wasn't given another year, cause I'm sure he could have still pulled this off.
____________________________________

I took another huge garbage bag full of clothes...more stuff that doesn't fit....to Salvation Army. I have 4 pairs of jeans left that fit. Whoopie-doo...
______________________________________

Tomorrow is Oct 20, the so-called deadline to when the Company will do their involuntary lay-offs. So don't know if hubby will be going or what the hell will happen....we'll see.....

Later....ciao

2 Comments:

  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    ok I wrote as I read,,,

    feaver few will get a grip on the head,,,


    and archies I know that palce too


    but you will ilive longer with the weight and the plood preasure

    now the job thing maybe he should have taken the money and ran he could have gotten another job and the money oh well let us know..

    hey go down to hamtramic and get soem beer salami that is way good and send me some. hahhahahaa

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    good luck to your team, i hope they do well. i have a hoover carpet cleaner and i just love it. i am actually a little obsessed with it. it is way better than the people that come out and clean. i think we take the time and make sure the dirt is all up. i think i may do mine this weekend!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter