Cherokee Rose

Friday, February 24, 2006

My once a year cold is here....

I am so sick with a cold. Late Tuesday afternoon I felt like it was definitely coming on and Wednesday I woke up with a bad sore throat and drainage. I worked yesterday and luckily I am off today cause today it is way worse. So I'll not be doing much this weekend. I always get a really bad cold every year. But last year my girlfriend told me about these vitamins called Euchinacea and said that if you take them then you won't get a cold or if you do it will be much milder....so I took them last year and for the first time I never got my really bad cold. But this year I forgot about them and didn't take them, so now I got it. I'm taking them now but a little too late...maybe I'll get rid of it faster.

Yesterday just when I was getting ready to leave for work, I noticed my answering machine blinking. My sister-in-law had called earlier that morning to let us know that my mother-in-law had had a heart attack and they were at the hospital. So I called my husband and he left work and went over there. He called me later to let me know that there was severe blockage in one of the veins in her heart and the doctors put a stint in it to open it up....so she's fine now and I think she's coming home today.

So last night was a battle of the TV stations night....8:00-9:00 American Idol, channel 2; 9:00 Skating with Celebrities, channel 2; 8:00-10:00 Dancing with the Stars, channel 7;...what to do, what to do...and my husband hates when I keep switching channels and he told me to go watch them upstairs, so I agreed to only switch channels during commercials...haha But then my youngest son came over and I ended up not seeing much of anything anyway. He came to let us know that he sold the white jeep for us and he had the money! He got a decent price for it. Wow...so I got my mom's house sold, the jeep sold, and the Fiero sold and out of my backyard....maybe this will be a better year than last.

I need to go to the bank so I better get dressed...I feel like crap but I need to get this cash in the bank. My son always insists on cash when he sells a car cause of all the scams going on out there. He once sold his Corvette and the guy said he was sending him an E-Check from a bank and since he was out-of-state he had a guy in Michigan that would pick it up and drive it out to him. Then my son got an email from another guy warning him about this buyer...he also sold a car to him and received an E-check and he took it to his bank and the bank checked it and found it to be a phony from a phony bank. So this guy told my son that if he checked this Buyer's buying history it showed that he had just purchased (thru Ebay) 9 cars in a 24-hour period totaling more than $80,000!...then Ebay suspended this buyer. So my son emailed this buyer asking him what is going on and if this E-Check was good or not..the guy wrote back telling him that it was...then my son wrote and told him that he is with the Detroit Police force and told him to call him and he never heard from him again!...He did get the E-check in the mail and I saw it and it looked real to me, but it wasn't...it was a phony. There was an article in the paper about a guy who sold his Corvette, accepted a cashier's check, signed the title over and about a week later found that it bounced...he was scammed...no money, and no car. So always insist on CASH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter