Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Congrats Steelers!

I got home from Caseville Sunday night just in time for the game. I missed all the pregame stuff though. I'm not a football fan, but I was rooting for the Steelers and was glad they won. Mainly I watch the Superbowl for the halftime show...and this year it was the STONES!!...I videotaped them with my camcorder. Yes, the baby boomers are gettin on in years, but we still can outrock, outdance and outparty anybody! Hell, we created the phrase "lets rock n' roll" to mean "lets paaaaaarrrrrrrttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!"

Anyway...Monday I went to work for my first day back on the job. My boss moved to a different office suite in Novi and it is really really nice to say the least. Very classy place. And the best part is I have my own office and with a window! The other office plaza has individual offices and also office cubicle spaces in the hallways and that's where I was. This new place strictly has individual offices. And he bought a new notepad (laptop type) computer for me to use and it's great. It was a good day.

The realtor called and the closing on the house is set up for this Thursday!! So tonight my hus and I drove to the house and got the lawnmower. Tomorrow I'll go over one last time and say my final good-byes, lock the door, and walk away from it. I'll be very very brave.....

Also, tomorrow I have to go to my youngest son's house to meet some appraiser there. He is getting a new mortage at a fixed rate instead of the adjustable rate he has now that keeps going up. He is simply getting a new mortgage on the existing balance, so he won't be borrowing any more. He just needs to lock it into a fixed rate. Luckily he can do it without paying any closing costs, and with the lower rate his payment will be cheaper.

I had a good time in Caseville. My g'friend and I went shopping on Saturday and later we all watched some movie called "Underclassman" on DVD. We were stuck in that snowstorm coming home from Bad Axe Saturday night and it was terrible driving when I left her place later to drive home. It took me twice as long to drive back. So now I guess winter is officially here....I knew it was too good to be true with this warm January we were having.

Oh, and we sold the Fiero that's been in my backyard for 8 years on Ebay for $320!...yipppeee....so this guy from Holland, MI came and towed it away. I wasn't here...I just know it was gone when I got home!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter