Cherokee Rose

Friday, January 27, 2006

Heavenly Spirits....or Bottled Spirits?????

Tonight my girlfriend and I held a "good-bye" to my mom's house night. I know that the closing date is closing in, so I told my friend that I needed her to come to the house with me tonight and do a kinda seance with me. So we met and I set up the audio recorder in my mom's bedroom and pushed record to hopefully pick up her "voice". I already did it in the kitchen although I haven't played it back yet, so tonight I recorded the other side of the tape. Then we left the house and went shopping at Big Lots and we founds lots of pictures for my new cottage...then we went to dinner and had soup and salad.....I mean, all you can eat soup! and this huge humongous bowl of salad...I couldn't believe it. Hell, we were already full of all the soup we devoured, then they bring us these huge bowls of salad...I had the grilled chicken and she had the Julienne. These bowls were not just big salad bowls...they were the kind of bowls you could serve 4 people!! of salad....So we stuffed ourselves with soup, salad, crackers and bread and then waddled off to my mom's house.

We lit candles....I brought my mom's cat (Cleo)'s ashes and we put Cleo on the bay window sill where she always liked to sit and I had pictures of my mom and me and her and Gene (my stepdad who also lived in the house) and set them on the bay windowsill...then we uncorked a bottle of champaigne and made a toast to them and talked to my mom. Then we sat on her couch which is still in the living room and talked and talked about life...her son...our dads...our moms....our life. At one point, my friend stopped me and said she knew her son was there cause there is this particular scent from when he was alive and was on chemo and she smells it once in awhile and knows he is with her...and she could smell the scent while we were talking, and I am already smelling my mom from the couch we are sitting on...so we are crying and talking to them. She only lives 3 blocks from my mom's house, and I imagine that when Johnny went looking for her at her house and she wasn't there then he assumed she might be at my mom's house and came there looking for her! We definitely felt the spirits of John and my mom...oh, and even Cleo when we were there. My girlfriend had walked to the house and got there 15 minutes before I got there and while she was waiting for me to show up she said that she kept hearing this meowing and she knew it was Cleo.....Yes..even Cleo was there with us tonight!

She brought a bottle of champaigne and I brought a bottle of some cheap Boone's Farms wine and that was all we had to drink. We are going to meet there one more time before closing and I am going to take my camcorder and record the whole house!!!(Jaye gave me the idea...thank you!!Jaye!!!)...then I will have the whole entire house to remember...always...forever...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I am glad you did waht you needed to do to get through this Diane. I am hoping you are feeling better and your friend too. I am trying to catch up, man I am missing you guys so much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter