Cherokee Rose

Friday, January 20, 2006

I went to K-Mart today and I am not surprised that they are not doing as well as Walmart or other stores and almost went belly up in bankruptcy (sp?). There are hardly any people shopping there...at least not like the other stores. I only went there today because I had bought a pair of boots in Bay City when I was shopping with my girlfriend over the weekend and decided to return them. I rarely shop at K-Mart....cause I really cannot stand that store. I hate buying something and have people ask me where I got it from and have to say "I bought it at K-Mart"...I'd rather say "I got found a good deal at Walmart" and then they'd say "WOW". Anyway so I go to this K-Mart today....the one in Detroit, I should add....and I have a cart full of things I wanted to try on....a couple bras, a pair of slacks, 2 sweatshirts and a sweater....so I go to the fitting room and the door is locked and nobody around. I stand there waiting and waiting...I started to leave and I hear someone on the speaker asking for assistance at the fitting room. I'm thinking "Oh my gosh, do they have a camera here and they see that I'm leaving the area??" So I wait for the assistance to come....I wait and I wait. Then I see a button with a sign that says "for assistance"...so I pushed the button and a light starts blinking. So I'm standing there waiting for some assistance, and I wait and I wait. Finally I said to hell with it...I put back everything except one sweatshirt, bought it and left. No wonder K-Mart sucks!

When K-Mart first came on the scene many many years ago, it was a place where you could go and get cheaper things...and that was in the day of Hudsons, Winklemans, Federals, Montgomery Wards, Crowleys....places with some class and reputation....so thru the years K-Mart had a stigma of being a cheap place. You really hated to admit that you bought something from K-Mart...it was like a put down. Now they have Walmarts, Targets, Big Lots, Mervyns, Kohls and they have put the nice places with class out of business...so K-Mart fits right in now, but to me it still has a stigma that even Martha Stewart can't change.

Tonight my husband and I went to Lowe's and returned a medicine cabinet I bought, and we found a ceiling fan we both liked and, of course, there were none in stock. They checked and the only store that has any is in Harper Woods, wherever the hell that is...so they gave me a map and I'm driving there tomorrow to get it. Then we went to the house and put the two chairs out at the curb and brought the dresser home.

I am so bored with this computer....I really hate it....I am giving some serious thought to getting rid of it and going back to my pre-computer days when I had more time. Like right now, I should not be wasting my time on this computer...I should be in bed, maybe reading a good book. Anyway, I am only getting on this computer once a day...check emails, read a few blogs, check my ebay, maybe post a blog and that's it. One thing for sure, if and when my computer totally crashes, it's out of here...I will not buy a new one. When I'm in Caseville, I have no computer and I'm fine. I have so much more time to myself. I don't miss it at all.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Yeah really I am with Val,, Kreskeys it was that before K-Mart. I worked in the one on 8 mile and Dequender it had hardwood floors and a grill and fountain drinks with booths and stools!!! I hate Martha Stewart!! We only have a handful of them left out here. It was next to Federals the higher class place, and next to that was a Farmer Jacks foods hahahahahaha. boy that was a while ago,, oh yeah and Big Boys too!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Right!...K-Mart originated from Kresges. My girlfriend use to work at the one in Plymouth on Main Street. I worked next door at the 5 & dime....now they have "dollar stores"...haha We still have Farmer Jacks here. I use to shop at A&P...that's gone now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter