Cherokee Rose

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just another day in my life......

The cable guy called and explained to me what he thought my problem is with my TV not getting channel 50 and 20. Apparently, with older TV's they sometimes lose their ability to get certain channels and he told me to run my TV through my DVD and see if I get them. I did and sure enough, the stations came in. My TV is probably 10 years old. It is the old rounded screen version. My hus and I have been talking about getting a larger flat-screen TV for over a year now, but our wall unit won't hold a TV larger than 27", which means we will have to also buy a new wall unit....thus, we haven't done jack yet. I'm talkng about regular TV's that have a flat screen, not a totally flat TV. Everytime I refer to a flat screen TV, my hus says it will cost $2000....how lame is he!

Mervyn's is going out of business and selling everything! I got some good deals on damaged jewelry at 90% off...they were easy to fix. They are also selling all their fixtures and display tables, etc. They have these nice round display tables that come apart and can store flat. I went to the Mervyns in Westland and they wanted $25 for the tables so I bought one. So tonight I went to the Livonia store and they are selling them for $10 or 2/$15!! Can ya believe it?? So I told the woman that I already paid $25 for one and I feel I should be able to get another one for nothing. She said..."well, you should have came here first. I'll sell you one for $10." Damn...so I ended up buying two more at 2/$15. I'm going to take them to the cottage and use them for garage sales. Also, I want to downsize my Xmas tree next year, and this table will be perfect to put a tree on. They also were selling long round tablecloths that fit for $5, so I bought a red one for Xmas.

I went to the house today and brought some things home. I still have more stuff to bring back. I mainly have to get some furniture out. My son is taking the one dresser that is still there. But there is also 2 chairs and a couch that need to get pitched out. Everytime I think about walking out of that house for the LAST time, I start crying....I am dreading signing the final papers....but I have to get rid of this house!!!!! I need to close this chapter of my life.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    MAN you are as bad as me,,,,,, I can't see something that cheep getting away, even if I don't need it!!!!! Closing on the house will be a good thing. Hang in tehre.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter