Cherokee Rose

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Good News

I was on my way driving to Caseville when my husband called and told me that my realtor called and said he has another offer on the house. It was not a good offer...much lower than the last one that fell through...but he said we could counter-offer. So we counter-offered, plus he agreed to reduce his commission by $1400 and that way the bottom line will basically be what the other offer would have been. They agreed...so today my brother and I will sign the papers and get things started.....YIPPEE!!!! The closing should be in 30 days...and since today is Dec 31 that would be around Jan 31, which is weird cause my mom died on Jan 31. My realtor said that this is a done deal and will definitely go through. Well, lets hope!

I had a good time in Caseville. I got all my stuff put in the new cottage Friday and then my girlfriend and I went shopping in Bad Axe, the closest town that has any "real" stores, and I bought the entertainment center I wanted and the matching side tables for my couch. The guys loaded it into my jeep, but I had to unload it at the cottage....which wasn't too bad. Now my hus just has to put it all together. I checked out some mattresses at this furniture store, comparing them to some I had already checked out in Caro on my way up. We got something to eat and basically bummed around at K-Mart and Dollar stores. My girlfriend saw this really neat clock that will look great in the living room, so I bought it. It's a big round one and has a bit of a nautical look to it...looks like something you would see on the Titanic.

On my way home yesterday I stopped at the mattress place in Caro and ordered the mattress set. I'm hoping they can deliver it when I go back up in two weeks for the Art Van delivery.

Thursday night I went to Subway to buy their chicken/spinach salad...and I was so bummed, cause they don't make it the way they use to...they said they don't put the almonds and currents in it anymore, plus there was no diced eggs and bacon either. It was a total waste of my money...just a bunch of spinach. I was still hungry so I went to Little Caesars to get a pizza. I got there just when they were closing, and they had 2 pizzas fresh out of the oven, so they guy went and gave me the second one for nothing. So now I had two whole pizzas to eat!! How the hell am I suppose to lose weight??

Happy New Year's everyone!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    GREAT NEWS DIANE!!!! So are you still gunna keep the other place in Casville? Now we got to get Val's sold! Oh an dthe date of the closeing,, maybe that is a closure of everyone? Have a great New Year. Well it is starting pretty good.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    HAPPY NEW YEAR DIANE,,,,, HERES TO TEH NEXT ONE. lets see what kind of trouble we can get into huh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter