Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

House Offer is falling through.....

I'm not on this computer much these last few days. I just don't have the time to waste on it anymore....and it is so slow and tiresome. I really need a new computer, I think. This one is 5-6 years old and dying a slow death I'm afraid.

Anyway, the offer on the house is a bogus offer and I don't think it's going through at all. Usually when someone wants to see if the seller would go down lower on the price, the Realtor says "well, we can write up an offer and see". Then if they do, they take them back to the office, write up an offer and request a deposit of earnest money to show the sellers that it is a serious offer. Then if the potention buyer gets cold feet and simply wants to change his mind, then he loses his deposit....so it encourages buyers to not play games and go through with their offer; otherwise, they lose their money. But this stupid realtor that called me with this so-called offer didn't do that. She did not write up an offer, did not get their signature on anything, and did not get any deposit money. She just simply said "well, let me call the sellers and see if they will go that low"...so we accepted their offer and now they are hearing nothing from them.

First of all, my realtor that I listed the house with was on a trip that weekend, so some female associate was there handling things. Apparently, the grandfather of some 20-21 year old saw the house and thought it would be good for his grandson....I think the kid saw it...I'm getting different stories on this...then after we accepted their offer, the grandfather wanted to go see it again. Now this kid was pre-approved from one of those online places that will basically approve anyone...my realtor did not feel comfortable with that, so he got them in touch with a mortgage company. Now the mortgage company can't get ahold of anyone. Everybody's phone calls are not being returned. Basically, I think they just changed their mind. Now if they had money involved and a signature somewhere, they might think twice....but this realtor didn't bother to get that. I was on the phone yesterday with my realtor while he was dancing around so many issues that I brought up. He kept saying that IF an offer was written up and we acepted it and signed it...then we would be screwed, because we would not be able to show the house to anyone else or sell it.....we would need them to sign off and since nobody can get in touch with them, then we would be screwed. Yeah, yeah, yeah....realtor bullcrap. Damn, does he think I was born yesterday???? IF an offer was written up, it would also stipulate that a mortgage would have to be attained by a certain amount of time, otherwise the offer is VOID....so if these people changed their minds and didn't get a mortgage, then it would be VOID anyway...I would not need their signature to void it. And if they got the mortgage, then everything would be cool anyway...and if they did change their minds, then at least I would have a $500 or $1000 deposit to keep!...Damn realtors

The realtor said that he was showing the house to some investor, but I haven't heard anything as yet.

The listing runs out Dec 26, and if he thinks I am going to relist with him, he's nuttier than the fruitcake on my table!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I am sooo sorry , maybe something will come through on it anyway still. Crossed fingers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter