Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

26 Days!!....

I'm getting so frustrated with my Xmas shopping...Yes, I wrote EX-MAS....cause that's what it is. I want to X it right out of my life. Besides anybody with any real religious knowledge knows that Jesus wasn't really born on Dec 25....and in reality it is merely a christianized pagan holiday...which is fine with me...I don't care. Anyway, I went to tons of stores today and bought hardly anything. I can't find what I'm looking for. Dumb husband cuts out an ad for something he wants, but unfortunatly he cut out the name of the store it is in!!...So what am I a mind reader? So I've been all over trying to find something called a Coldheat Cordless Soldering Tool..........anybody know where I can find one?

Today I am 26 days free of cigarettes!! And it ain't gettin any easier...let me tell ya. There are a few times during the day when I just want to sit down, take a break, and smoke a fuckin cigarette!! But I won't....I know that....I won't...I've come this far and I do NOT want to start smoking again, that's for sure. But I would still love to have one.....

I loved smoking...I mean, I really, really loved it. I loved the ritual of taking one out of my pack, flicking my lighter....tapping the ash off the end...etc...It was an enjoyable part of my day...every single minute of my day and night. It consumed me. I loved it and I miss it.

I made the decision to quit smoking for one main reason. I bought a new place in Caseville that is costing me some bucks and I do not want it STINKING! I don't want the nice white ceilings getting all yellow. I thought at first that I would just have to smoke outside...well, I know me and I knew that wouldn't last very long...I'd smoke inside eventually and the place would start smelling and my new furniture would start smelling. So I quit. I didn't quit cause it is better for my health....hell, I'm not stupid....I have always known that smoking obviously isn't good for your health, but I still smoked cause I enjoyed it. I didn't quit cause people wanted me to....people have always wanted me to quit and I always said I'll quit when I'm damn good and ready and not cause you want me to. I didn't quit cause it was too expensive since I would drive to Ohio to buy them cheaper, or order online from Indian Reservations, or smoke those cheapo ones they sell now....besides I can afford it. I didn't quit cause the second hand smoke is bad for my dogs or my husband or my grandkids...smokers don't really give a damn about second-hand smoke. I quit for one reason....cause I don't want my new place to STINK! Every smoker needs that one reason to quit...and that reason has to be their own reason for whatever it is and whenever it is.

When I bought my new jeep I had decided not to smoke in it cause my other jeep smelled so bad from my smoking that even I couldn't stand it. It was hard at first to not smoke when I was driving, but I did it and it wasn't bad. Now I don't want to smell up my new place...and that means I had to quit completely.

Now that I'm not smoking, it is amazing how you can smell it on other people. Smokers may think that they don't smell like cigarettes....well, they do. While I was shopping today in different stores, I was passing different people and could smell that cigarette smell on some of them....I knew which ones smoke....haha Damn, after I quit for only a few days I could smell it on my poor dogs...yuck! I could smell it on my winter coats when I got them out to wear....I could smell it on my sheets...even after I washed them!

Monday I spent all afternoon washing down the kitchen ceiling and walls.....the water was yellow from all the cig smoke. I need to do the whole house!

Anyway...26 days and going strong...now if I can just stick to my dieting....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

1 Comments:

  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    ONE thing at a time missy,,,, You are doing sooo good I am so proud of you. I needed help with all this and you just up and quit all by your self! I could never do it that way, I tryed sooo many times!!!!! Failed even a few hours was tops for me you got it made now don't give into it. Find something else to enjoy almost as much. I go tmy walking I am loveing it soooo much! Hang in there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter