Cherokee Rose

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone except the poor Turkey....

I always feel sorry for the poor turkey on Thanksgiving. There is a turkey farm down on Five Mile Rd. in Livonia near me, and when I drive by I see all the white feathered turkeys walking around....just a couple weeks ago I passed them and I was thinking when I drove by...."well, you guys will be on the dinner tables in a couple weeks"....so sad. Lots of people order their turkeys in advance from this turkey farm and they raise these turkeys strictly for Thanksgiving.....I know, cause after Thanksgiving the place is empty...no turkeys strutting around. By then, they are nothing more than sewage...poor turkeys! I refuse to buy one of those turkey-farm-raised-only-for-Thanksgiving turkeys!!....I buy my Thanksgiving turkey from the store. I'm sure he was raised on some turkey farm but at least I didn't have to drive by and look at him.

When we lived in Canton Township my mother had chickens and she sold the eggs for 50 cents a dozen. I loved those chickens and every once in awhile one of them would end up on our dinner table....like poor Fanny...she was so sweet and I loved feeding her in the mornings and she would follow me around and cluck....then one day she turned up missing....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...just kiddin'(the morning part should have been a clue I was lying..haha)....my mom really did have chickens but just for the eggs. Actually when she wanted a chicken to eat, she would take one of the chickens to this place and exchange it for a frozen one...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...not sure if there was a whole lot of difference...I think "our" chicken propbably ended up on someone else's dinner table and we ended up eating someone else's chicken, but at least we didn't eat our own.

So much for the farm life....

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I got people coming over. Well, at least I have an extra table for everyone. I went shopping today!....my way of keeping my mind off cigarettes...shopping and chocolate! There is this really neat place I just love down the street from me called "Jimmy's Rustics", and they are "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS"...."EVERYTHING ON SALE"....I turned my car around and just had to go there!! So I found this incredible deal....and I mean INCREDIBLE FANTASTIC DEAL!!!...Hell, everything they had was a deal and I wanted all of it, but I had to focus on what I was really looking for. I am looking for a patio-type, vacationy-type table and chairs for my new cottage I am buying. They had this set from Lane Furniture that was originally $2950 and selling for under $400!! Well, I knew it would be perfect so I bought it....final sale, of course...so I hope it fits okay. It took me two trips to get it home, but it is now sitting in my living room and I "think" hubby likes it....hard to tell with his grimreaper looks on his face half the time. He has no problem "making" money but problems "spending" money....whereas I have no problem "spending" money but have problems "making" money...so guess we make a good team...He "makes"...I "spend".....

AnYway, I have extra table space now.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING....

2 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Happy Turkey day,,,,,

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Hey I found a site for us,,,, check it out,,crap won't go on here i'll email it to ya.

    hope your still doing good, but i know you are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter