Cherokee Rose

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Six days and counting...

I haven't had a cigarette since 11:30 last Friday night! So it's been almost 6 days. And I'm doing great! Yesterday I had to give Mini Sue a bath cause she smelled so smoky to me. Hell, everything in this house smells smoky, but getting better. I wish I could open up the windows. Last Saturday I basically got rid of everything. I took all my opened packs of cigs and ripped them all up and threw them in the trash...and threw my ashtrays I was using in the trash...and I took all my unopened packs (about 16-18) and threw them in the trash and I threw my cigarette pouch in the trash. Now THAT was a mistake, cause I had a couple phone numbers stuck in the lighter section of the pouch..and I just remembered last night. The garbage is gone, so are the phone numbers now. And I found a couple packs in my car and at the other house...so I threw those out. So everything is gone. My husband really didn't think I could do it...but I'm doing it!

I suck on a lot of hard candy....keep myself busy...think about my new cottage and how nice the white ceilings look....eat alot of chips....take a pill to help me sleep...take deep breaths....and think "clean". It's getting easier. I can actually get up in the morning, drink my coffee, watch Guiding Light and NOT smoke...

Well, my g'friend is coming in this afternoon. Luckily, she only smokes occasionally and usually doesn't even have cigs, so I'm sure she won't be smoking if she knows I'm not. Cause right now, I don't think I can be around smoke...I'm not that strong yet.

Now I've quit smoking before years ago. But then I only smoked 1/2 pack a day and then I cut down so I only smoked socially, so it was easy to just stop altogether. This time I was smoking from the time I woke up til basically all night (I would wake up just to have a cig..then go back to sleep) and I smoked at least 1 1/2 packs, sometimes 2 packs a day. When I quit before, I quit for 9 years!! Then I got stupid and started smoking again and smoked like a fiend. Actually, I had quit once before that time also...I think I had quit for 2 years. So I KNOW that quitting doesn't always mean forever...it never gets easy...the temptation is always there...forever...ya just gotta deal with it as long as you can.

That's about it...I'm still not dressed and it's way past noon...

4 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Good job, We will have to keep up close with each other. I jstu have the costant thought of I DO NOT SMOKE right now I know it will go away after a bit. Your doing good ...

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Wonderful. You guys are doing awesome!!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    6 days holly crap you are way ahead of me huh,,,, I can't wait till I get there,

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    well how ya doing??????????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter