Cherokee Rose

Friday, October 28, 2005

Wednesday I drove to Lapeer, which is about half way from Caseville to here, and I met my girlfriend and her boyfriend at the McDonald's there. Then the two of us drove back down to my house. I was so excited to see her and be able to show her my house. My dogs went nuts when they saw her!...haha...I knew they would.

Jerry came home and had things to do, so the two of us went out to eat and talk. She told me that she had to have one of her dogs put down. She has two dogs like we do. Her oldest dog is about 15 years old and had been sick. She took her to the vet and she had diabetes and her kidneys were failing at that point. She almost lost her two years ago from another problem and found a vet who would perform surgery and she was fine. She was worried then that she might not survive the surgery. But she did and everything was fine. But this time, there was not anything that could be done. Boots was so weak that she could barely hold her little head up. So she did what she had to do...as hard as it was. It was very upsetting to her to lose Boots. We cried, cause I know what it's like to lose a pet.

Then we came home and did some Ebay surfing. She has a computer but it isn't connected to the internet yet, and since she has the antique store, she is thinking of trying to sell some of her stuff on Ebay....so I was showing her how it all works. And we were looking up items that are similar to what she has to see what they are selling for. We were up til almost 1:00 a.m.

We got up early and I drove her over to my mom's house to show it to her. Then I drove her to the airport for her flight to Phoenix to visit her sister. She'll be back in 3 weeks. Then the plan is that I will pick her up and spend the night at my place. Then we'll hit the road the next day and we'll drive to Caseville where I'll spend a last weekend there before they shut my water off.

I talked to my oldest son yesterday and we are going to take the kids to Huckleberry Railroad Saturday for Halloween. We'll dress up and the kids will go trick or treating at all the stores/houses there, and we'll take the train ride. So that will be fun. I've never been there. Last year, we took them to Canterbury Village. Of course, we all dress up in our Star Trek uniforms!...haha...even little Jayden has a ST outfit.

I don't know what I'll do today....my house is clean so no housework to do! Maybe I'll see if there are any garage sales around.....

3 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Research Ninja said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    We decided to not dress up...only the kids in their Star Trek uniforms. We wished later that we did, though...next year we'll dress up!

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I want to know when she puts her stuff on EBAY!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter