Cherokee Rose

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Fire, Fire......

I do believe that I have a guardian angel watching over my mother's house or maybe it's my mother watching over it. When I went over there a couple weeks ago, the refrigerator wasn't running and the outlet wasn't working so I unplugged it until my son could get over there to look at it. Well, he sent me an email telling me that he went over there and the fuse in the panel box was bad so he bought some new fuses and replaced it....but then when he plugged the refrigerator back in, it started humming loud and smoke started coming out the back! Apparently, there was something wrong with the refrigerator and it was shorting out and blew the fuse or something. It could have started on fire....but instead it had just went out until I got over there and unplugged it. Whew....like I said, I think someone is watching over the house. It still has the old-fashioned fuse box...It really should be updated.

They say that we are going to get hit with 6-8" of snow overnight and I have to drive to Caseville tomorrow....damn! I'm going to wait til later in the day and hope the salt trucks get out and the roads are drivable when I leave. But I have to leave tomorrow...the closing on the cottage is Saturday at 11:00 in the morning. I packed my jeep with what I could take. I got the table and base and two chairs in. I'll have to take the other two chairs next time. I bought a small wicker table that I'm taking, and some pictures and bath towels I bought. I sold a game on Ebay so I got that all packed up and mailed. I put the corner tree up in the living room, so I'm hoping my hus will put the lights on it when I'm gone, then I can decorate when I get back. I still have to do the big tree in the family room. Also, I want him to put the lights on the mantel so I can put my village scene up. I've been playing Xmas music all day trying to get more in the spirit of things.....Ho-Ho-Ho.....whatever....................

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    SNOW!!!! I WANT SNOW!!!!! Good thing someone is watching the house,,, but you would think they would sell it too. hehehe

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I think it's my mom and she doesn't want it sold...LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter