Cherokee Rose

Monday, December 12, 2005

Happy News!!!

I drove up to Caseville Friday. I had just gotten there when my husband called to tell me that the realtor had left a message on the machine telling me that WE GOT AN OFFER ON THE HOUSE!! I couldn't believe it. I had already dropped the price twice and of course, they still gave us a low offer....much lower than I had wanted, but who cares...at least it's an offer. So I called my brother and we agreed to just take the offer and run with it. So I called the realtor Saturday morning to let her know. My realtor is out of town for the weekend, so this other realtor was handling things. Tomorrow he should be calling me, and I'm sure I will have to drive to the office to sign papers. The offer is coming from the nephew of the neighbor down the street who was also trying to sell her house the same time I was...and finally listed it and got it sold immediately....so it is her nephew and his father who made the offer. They know that it needs updating and some work, but the father is a carpenter or construction guy and can do those things.

So I am happy to say the least. I just hope it doesn't fall through. The realtor said that he has been pre-approved so there shouldn't be a problem.

Then Saturday I went to the closing and got the keys and started moving what I had brought up with me into it. The kitchen/dining room set I bought looks terrific...I can't wait to get the other two chairs up there.

I went to my g'friend's house Saturday night and we all watched a couple DVD movies and I didn't get home til 1:30 in the morning. Then Sunday I packed up the car and hit the road.

The water is shut off at my place now....I know that when I go up there now I won't have any water. So what I do is bring gallons and gallons of water with me...and I can still flush the toilet by pouring a bucket of water in it. Then when I leave, I pour anti-freeze back into it. And I have a dishpan I use for water to wash up, brush my teeth, etc....and I use paper plates, plastic utensils, paper cups so I have no dishes to wash. It's not bad for a couple nights...I can get by.

Now I just have to finish up my Xmas shopping......

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    WWWOOOO HHHOOOOO I am sooo happy you are gunna get out from under that thing. It has been a sore in your side for way too long! I am happy. Yeah now it is time for Vals to sell.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I'll pray to the guardian angel that's been watching over my mom's house to get busy and sell Val's house now....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter