Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrr....It's cold in here!!

Good Lord what in the hell is going on with the heat bills?? Aren't the oil companies rich enough yet? First, I get a bill for $120 back in October so I turned the thermostat down to 62-64 (from 65-67), then I get a $180 bill so I turned the thermostat down to 60...now I get a bill for over $350! Well, guess where my thermostat is now?...it's set at 55. We also have a gas wall heater that heats the family room and that is where we are most of the time, so setting the thermostat down to 55-60 isn't that big of a deal. But right now in my computer room, I'm freezing!! Sometimes my fingers get so cold, I have to run downstairs and stand by the family room heater to warm them up. I have those things you put at the bottom of doors to keep cold drafts out. I have 4 of them under doors. I have been turning my TV off after Guiding Light ends and not have it run all day....my bill is elec/gas combine...so hoping keeping the TV off most of the day would help. I don't know what else to do except sell the house and move to Arizona or Texas.

Anyway, not only is my scanner not working, but my camcorder is on the fritz as well. So I took no videos at all this Xmas. So I'll have to get it fixed. My cable box totally was shut off so we hooked the cable up the way they want us to, and now I can't get channel 50 (UPN) or channel 20. I complained to the cable company and some cable guy is going to show up tomorrow to see what the problem is.

I gave up on my diet cause of the holidays and I gained another 5 pounds.

So the new year is starting off with a real bang....no scanner, no camcorder, no cable stations, oil companies sucking my money right out of my pocket, and a bigger ass than what I had in 2005.

So what good things have occurred? I'm still not smoking, which accounts for the weight gain, however......and I sold my mom's house at a ridiculous price that I could have done myself without paying some shark realtor.

But we're all healthy!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    AND you do not have to deal with a house you do not want,,,, and you have us as friends,, and you can come out here, me and Val can show ya all kinds of stuff, well we can try and not get lost doing it!!!!!!

    My husband worked at channel 20, just before we moved out here. They are the ones who payed ofr his schooling and ended up with this job out here. BOY YOU ARE SO HOME TO ME!!!!! Hang in there girl, teh summer electric bills here are the same amount.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    That's so cool that your hus worked for channel 20! Yes, I am very grateful to be unloading that house soon....although it will be hard to some degree. I'm already crying about it. I'm just bummed that we ended up selling it to some investor. I really wanted to sell it to some young couple and meet the people that will be living in my mom's house and making it a home.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Yeah I know what you mean,,about the house. My dad's house was like that and I didn't even grow up in it. Yeah he worked there after we were so poor, 3 years after the big layoff at dodge truck. Now that sucked!!!!! Hang in there, justng onto the memories you have that are good ones of your mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter