Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Weekend Deliveries...

I had a great long weekend in Caseville. I had called Art Van before I left on Friday to confirm delivery. Lucky I did....they had the address wrong! I met the delivery guys on Saturday. There weren't any problems with the mattress guys. They said they would be there early in the afternoon and they were there by 1:00. The Art Van guys called and said they would be there between 11:00 - 3:00, so I get my ass up early and get over there by 11:00. By 3:00 no Art Van guys...so I left and drove back to my condo and called the store. They got ahold of the guys (probably in some bar having a late lunch) and they said they would be there in 15 minutes...so I drove back and they finally arrived at almost 4:00. I was not too happy. I had sat there all day wasting my time. My girlfriend was waiting for me to call so we could hook up and DO SOMETHING. So eventually we got together and drove to Bad Axe, got something to eat and shopped. There was no point in her waiting with me at the cottage. There is no water....I was peeing in a bucket of water as it was and tossing it over the fence...LOL...oh, GROSS!!!

Sunday we drove to Bay City and shopped some more. I bought the cutest adorablest gnome to put by my front door.

Also Saturday night I almost hit a deer! I'm driving along and this deer just came out of nowhere and ran in front of my car...I slammed on my brake and I thought I may have nicked him on his back leg the way he jumped and turned his head towards me, but I didn't feel anything and I checked my car and there was nothing there. I also turned around and drove back to see if he was laying on the road or anything. He was gone. That was a close call. Most everyone I know who lives up there has at one time hit a deer.

I watched American Idol tonight. I didn't bother watching it last night...there was a good movie on instead. After Rock Star:INXS, AI seems so lame. It's like watching a kiddie show with all the teenie-boppers on it. But I'll watch it if there's nothing else on.

Today I had a dentist appointment for cleaning. I'm glad THAT'S over with! Tomorrow my hus and I are going to the house and throw out the two chairs that are in there and bring home a dresser. The closing should be in a couple weeks. I sure hope so.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    The movie wasn't about Rock Star. It was a movie called "If Only" with Jennifer Love Hewitt on some cable station. I was comparing Am Idol with Rock Star: INXS...I think Rock Star was so much better! With real rock music and real entertainers.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    You guys jsut talk way too much for me tonight,, hahahahah Glad you got your stuff up there in the new place. Wish I could go to bad axe and shop!!! OH WELL,,,, glad your back you need to get internet up there ya know.

    Val has been drivign me nuts Diane,, help me please,, hahahahah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter