Cherokee Rose

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Good-Bye Balmoral House

Today my brother and I are closing on the house. Thank God!!! I am happy and I am sad.

My mother bought the house in 1980/1981 a year or so after my father passed away and she sold the larger home they had. She was dating my stepdad at the time and he moved in after they married in 1982. Then he passed away in 1992 and she lived there by herself until she had to go into the home in 2001 where she passed away in 2003. Her cat, cleo, still remained in the house by herself for 6 months....she did well on taking care of herself...haha....she even had TV to watch! My g'friend would go over and feed her 5 days a week and I would go over twice a week. Then I decided that she needed some company, so I had my nephew move in. He took care of Cleo and the house for 2 years while he went to college nearby. The house needed to be sold, so he moved out last year and I proceeded to get it ready to sell. So after 25 years of ownership and memories, it is now being sold.

I walked through the house remembering this and that. I sat on the couch imagining my mother sitting across from me in her favorite chair. Before I left, I walked over to that imaginary chair, leaned over and and gave her a hug with tears streaming down my face. Then I locked the doors one last time and walked out.

...........and life goes on.................

2 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you feel better. You know its all going to be okay. just dont think of it as a bad thing think of it as agood memory.


    Love,
    Nikki Costa

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    TIME,,, that is waht heals a heart. AND REMEMBER it is all in YOUR heart not in the house.

    Now sit and relax.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter