Cherokee Rose

Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday Monday....

I was so tired last night I went to bed fairly early. I wanted to watch that Nip and Tuck TV show at 10:00...they had been advertising a new show all day....so I turn it on and it's the same damn episode that was on LAST Sunday and again one night during the week...so what the hell happened to the so-called NEW episode they had been advertising??

Yesterday I went to the Cider Mill....by myself, as usual....and bought cider, donuts and an apple pie...oh, and some apple butter. The pie was absolutely delicious!....they make them right there with their own apples...it was still hot when I got it. It's the best apple pie I've ever had...and it's downstairs in the kitchen calling my name...haha

While I was at the Cider Mill it started raining and then it rained really hard. People who had booths set up were scrambling to get their stuff put away. I also bought a little gnome figurine from one of the booths. Then I drove to this consignment store I haven't been to in a long time, but I didn't buy anything.

Hubby wants to build a storage building in the back yard next Spring (gee, I wonder how many years it will take him to actually build it??), so he called the same guy who poured the cement foundation for my son and made arrangements for him to come and pour a foundation for it now. I think we agreed to a 10 x 12 size. He was first thinking 10 x 14, but I'm looking at my family room which is 13' wide and I told him that it would be wider than our family room...so I think he's going to do a 10 x 12....that's big enough. He wants to buy a riding lawn mower for it, I guess. Well, before he buys one, he better get that damn car out of my backyard...the one that has been sitting there for at least 8 years!

I have an appointment with my OB/GYN this afternoon for my annual pap smear and I'll be doing the mammo thing next. Then I'm done with doctor appointments for awhile.

I talked to another g'friend of mine last night. Her parents and my parents were best friends and we've known each other since we were pre-schoolers....she was the maid of honor at my wedding. Anyway, her youngest son was diagnosed with cancer about a year or so ago. He's been undergoing chemo and the doctors said that it is now in a state of remission since July. It's basically the same type of cancer that my other friend's son had...but not nearly as advanced as his was when it was first discovered....so that's good. He has a tumor that is localized in his pelvis...it hasn't spread anywhere else....the tests show now that there is no blood flow in the tumor and that it is now more like scar tissue, so that means it isn't active and it's in a remission...Lets pray that it stays that way!

OK....gotta shower and get dressed and get to my appointment....ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter