Cherokee Rose

Thursday, September 29, 2005

I miss my "kids"......(sometimes)

A friend of mine called me last night and wanted to meet for brunch today. She knows I don't get around early enough to do breakfast...haha So we met at 11:00 at Ram's Horn and had a late breakfast. We haven't seen each other in awhile cause I've just been so damn busy and out-of-town and her life is hectic, too....so it was nice to just sit, eat, smoke and chat and get caught up. She has a son that is still in school, so she only has until about 2:00 to do anything. Then she has to go pick him up as his school is quite a ways away. And she has to do this every day.....wow...I'm glad those days are over for me...well, sometimes. I do miss my "kids". I remember them so well....where did they go? Now I have these grown men coming over calling me "mom". It's funny how when the kids are small, you wish they would grow up...then they grow up and you wish they were small again....weird.

I miss the camping trips I use to take my kids on...with our tent and sleeping bags. I even took Casey (our dog) with us. We went to quite a few campgrounds. I just loved it. We'd sit around the campfire and giggle in the tent. I think my husband went once with us....he wasn't much into camping....he said he had enough of that when he was in the army.

I miss taking them fishing....husband wasn't much into fishing either.

I miss taking them bowling on their Saturday afternoon bowling league...we called ourselves the Alley Cats. I was the scorekeeper for the team. My husband would come up once in awhile and watch.

I miss watching the little league baseball games....and rooting when they scored or caught a good ball.

I miss taking them to concerts. We were there when Michael Jackson played the Pontiac Silverdome back in the 80's...white glove and all...and the kids wore their MJ jackets and gloves. I think I just dressed in black and white. My husband went with us when we took them to see the Monkees...yahoo!

I miss playing with them in the sand on the beach in Caseville....my husband misses that, too. He use to bury them with only their heads sticking out...and cooking marshmallows at the bonfire.

I miss telling them stories at bedtime, especially the ones I would make up as I went along...they laughed the hardest at those.

Oh where oh where have they gone? I miss them.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Isn't that what we hope they do,,, I still have some remember I am waiting for that still.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter