Cherokee Rose

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Caseville, Here I Come.......

Today I went and finally visited my cousin, Bob. It has been a long time since we've gotten together, and I felt bad. I have just been so damn busy with this house and the sale. So I went over to his house and explained why he hasn't heard from me in so long. Actually, he was my father's cousin. I met him through a genealogy research. We thought he might be dead at one point, and I was out at cemeteries checking to see if he was there...haha...So one day I drove to his last known address and this guy was in the driveway and I asked him if he was Bob Williamson and he said YES!...OMG, he's alive!!! So I explained who I was and how I was Jack's daughter and he was so excited to meet me. Anyway, he had tons of family photos and obits and papers on our family. We learned so much from what he had. Many, many doors were opened for us from his info. AND, it turned out that he lives in my city like a mile away from me! He had been there all the time. And he's a really cool guy and I just love visiting with him and sharing memories and hearing his stories about my dad and our family.

So I finally went over to visit him today. His new car he bought was at the dealership having some minor glitches fixed and it turned out the dealership was down the street from my mom's house, and I had to go there anyway today to put the garbage out; so I drove him over to my mom's house and showed it to him and everything I've done and then drove him to the dealership to get his car. He has a nice car!...even has a sunroof....I WANT A SUNROOF!!

We passed a few bars on the way, and he knew them....as I know them...haha...one bar changed it's name and he even remembered what it use to be called...and what the bands were and are like. I was there a couple months ago and knew the new place sucks, and he knew that...then we passed another bar and he pointed it out...and I told him how I use to go there, too...and it's a real dive...he agreed...cause it is....but it has a shuffleboard and bikers hang out there....my favorite kind of guys! I haven't been there in a few years cause the g'friend I use to hang out with at the bars...well, her and I don't talk anymore...she was too much trouble. My hus is kinda glad I don't talk to her anymore...haha...My g'friend, Edie, and I like to hang out at Ron's place, which her cousin owns, and Bob knew that place, too when we passed it! Wow...he must be a party guy like me...well, same genes, I guess.

So after I dropped him off, I went back to the house and pitched out a bunch of crap. I'll deal with the rest of it when I get back. Tomorrow, I'm heading out to CASEVILLE! Cheeseburger festival here I come! My son and his g'friend are going to meet me there and stay for the weekend. Then my hus said he will drive up by Tuesday for the week. Saturday, they will have the "best costumed pet" at the vet in town, so I'm taking my little Mini Sue in her Hula girl/Tahitian girl costume....(posted pics of her on my photo site, www.cherokeerose2.blogspot.com), and Lucky has a Pirate costume he is going to wear. I figure that between me, my son and his g'friend we should be able to get it on him....haha...he doesn't like to wear it...like that "Seinfeld" episode...he says "But, I don't wanna be a Pirate!"...LOL

Well, he's wearing it...and they better win!

So, I'll blog when I get back (should be around the 23rd)....everyone have fun while I'm gone..have a margarita, play some Jimmy Buffet tunes and think of me....www.cheeseburgerincaseville.com.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well I hav e th e best Margaritas here............ you are very welcome.

    Spurs........lol

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hey jsut stoppin in to say hey,,, be back soon to catch up..

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    ok 23rd here and gone!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter