Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Today was a busy day. I went to the bank and went to Rite Aid and bought some of my favorite shampoo...Loreal Vive...I've been out of shampoo and have been using whatever my hus has...yuck! I got another call about the house, but it was a real estate agent trying to convince me to list with him. I told him I'll see how things go with the Estate Sale first. Also the partner of the woman that called me over the weekend...they are real estate investors looking to buy houses to lease out. He left a message, but I haven't called him back. I know these investors want to buy houses cheapo....they don't want to pay much...but I'll give him a call and see what he says. Then I went to the house and did more pricing. I have my jeep filled up with more crap to take over tomorrow. Boy, you would think that my house would be looking bare by now!

So tonight is my fave TV night....Big Brother6 and Rock Star INXS...Just before they started, my youngest son and his g'friend came over. So we all watched the shows. I haven't seen his g'friend in quite awhile, so I'm glad she came over. She wanted me to stop over to the house tomorrow, but I told her I am way too busy with this Estate Sale and I can't do much of nothing til it's done and over with.

Once this sale is done, I'm off to Caseville for the big "Cheeseburger in Caseville" week. This festival is HUGE to say the least. They started with it being only on a weekend, but it got so big with so many people that they extended it for a whole week thru a second weekend. Most people think..."what the hell is Cheeseburger in Caseville??" Well, it's basically a takeoff of Jimmy Buffet's song "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Everyone dresses up in a tropical theme...lots of grass skirts, leis, funny hats...lots of Parrot hats...the whole town gets crazy....a real Margaritaville! Dozens of vendors all along the Main street and all the restaurants selling cheeseburgers, hot dogs and brats. Lots of vendors set up selling stuff. They sell these crazy cheeseburger hats...and I have one. They have a really big parade in town on Wednesday with crazy floats. I even dress up my little Mini Sue. I'll have to post a picture of her in her hula girl costume wearing a little parrot hat. I took her to the parade last year and everyone thought she was adorable. I have these different crazy outfits I wear...I even have a big pink feather boa. They have bands playing in the park every night...and the really cool thing is that people actually drink in the streets and nobody cares. People walk out of the bars with drinks...nobody cares...I walk down the street during the day with a beer in my hand...nobody cares. I heard they may crack down somewhat about that this year..so we'll see. The boats in the harbor are all decked out with lights and parrots and flamingos.

Last year, my son came up for the first time during Cheeseburger weekend and he was dressed in regular clothes and I told him to at least put a Lei around his neck or something before he goes into town...otherwise, he will feel out of place. He thought I was nuts...but when he came back, he had a bunch of leis around his neck...haha. Nobody dresses in regular clothes during that week. It's nuts! They have a website at www.cheeseburgerincaseville.com I think that's what it is. Check it out.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    SOUNDS PRETTY COOL!I would go if I was closer. Jack your price up by 10,000 and see where these people take it.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I guess your a little busy huh! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter