Cherokee Rose

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The cops are stealing our signs!!

I got started on my garage sale today, as far as getting things set out. I went to the house and started bringing crap up from the basement that I've been taking over and setting up the tables. I maybe got half of it done today. So it's a start. I got talking to one of the neighbors who is also trying to sell her house by owner. I had noticed that she had put a sign up at the end of the street and when I got back from Caseville, it was gone...like mine was gone after I put it up. She told me that it is some cop that is taking them down. She had one on another corner and the neighbor there told her he saw a cop take it down. She went to the police station complaining about it. They said that it is technically against the law to put signs up on city property. Actually, the police she first talked to didn't even know about it...he seemed surprised that some cop was taking her signs down, so he had to check. Guess it's some young know-it-all cop who has nothing better to do. She pointed out to them that the Real Estate office signs stay up. And all they had to say was that they don't have time to take ALL the signs down. Yeah, well, I think that it discrimination....they leave up the Realtor signs, but take down the For Sale By Owner signs.....sounds a little fishy to me.....especially since Realtors are known to take signs down. I told her that I am going to go to the City Office and check with them.....it seems to me that it would be up to the City to decide if signs can be up or not...and if there was a complaint, then the cops would have to do something about it....but nobody is complaining.

For one thing, it seems to me that it is beneficial to the city to have people sell there houses....cause then new people buy at a higher price and then the taxes go up....right? My mother's house has a very low property tax cap on it...once it is sold, the taxes will almost double. So what's the problem here putting a sign up at the end of the street to let people know there is a house for sale???? I know I'm not too bright, but I just don't get it.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    MAN THE TAXES WILL GO UP???? I WAS GUNNA BUY IT TOO!!!!

    Go get one of those wire framed signs and put your sign on it see what happens.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    I already did...I put a wire framed sign up and the next day it was gone. Those signs aren't cheap. I'm going to wait until I have my Estate Sale, cause I need to put a sign up for that...then I'm going to try again, and if that cop takes it, I'm going down to the police station and raise hell! But I want to talk to the city people first about it...make sure that THEY say it is okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter