Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Birthday Thoughts.....

My birthday has passed, but since I was away from my computer and couldn't post I want to post about one of my "bestest" birthday memories.

It was just before my 10th birthday. We were living in Garden City at the time, and there was this hardware store that my mother use to go to a lot and take me with her. They had a toy section and up high on the shelf was this "Smokey the Bear" bear. Everytime we would go there, I would run down the aisle and just stare at him. I wanted that bear. I was a typical little girl (contrary to my now being a very untypical big girl) and I was more into dolls...I had never had a teddy bear before, but I wanted that "Smokey the Bear". Well, one day we went there and I ran down the aisle to see him and he was GONE! He was the only one and he was gone. I knew that someone must have bought him. I felt like I lost my best friend. So my birthday came and I unwrapped the present my mother had bought me, and it was SMOKEY! I couldn't believe it....so I knew that it was my mother who had bought him....and now he was mine. I don't know whatever happened to him through the years to come, but a few years ago I was at a garage sale and they had an old vintage "Smokey the Bear" that I am sure is like the one I had....so I bought him.

I am now a big teddy bear collector....I have lots of bears in my house and tons more Xmas bears up in the attic. I think maybe I am obsessed with teddy bears now because of that one good birthday memory I have about my mother and Smokey. Teddy bears represent my mother's love for me....who the hell knows.....
__________________________________

For those who were born in the month of July are: Fun to be with. Secretive. Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people's feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. Dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hardworking. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Likes to be quiet. Waits for friends. Never looks for freinds. Not aggressive unless provoked. Prone to having stomach and dieting problems. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.

Boy, that is ME to a T!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hahahah I remember smokey!!! He was way cool. remember the REAL bozo the clown? and thumbelina? I do not like going into antique stores, Iuse to go every b-day by my self and get something for me. UNTILL I started seeing all my old toys!! I QUIT GOING!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter