Cherokee Rose

Monday, July 18, 2005

Back To Reality....Fun Time is over......

I finally returned from my Caseville vacation today!....so I'm back...for awhile, anyway. It was so hot up there, and I have no air conditioning....bummer. Most days it was too hot to lay out....so that's when I would go shopping in air conditioned stores...haha.

I got there on a Thursday and as soon as I got there, my husband called to tell me that someone called on the house. I knew it! As soon as I go away, I'll get calls. So I called the guy and he said he wanted to see the house on Saturday, so I called my husband and told him....so he'll meet the guy there.

My girlfriend owns an antique store which she has open on Fridays and Saturdays. So the first Friday she came over after she closed and we laid out at the pool and then went and got something to eat. Just basically chit-chatted and caught up with stuff. Saturday I went to her store and shopped around....went to Mainstreet Cafe near where she lives and got something to eat. Then we drove back to my place and laid out at the pool again for awhile. Then we met up with her boyfriend in town and we all went to the show and saw "War of the Worlds"....which all of us were not too impressed with....definitely not a movie we would rent to see again. When I got home, my husband had left me a message telling me Happy Birthday....that was sweet....at least he remembered (although no present when I got back!) Since it was my birthday I wanted to go into the bar and have some drinks but we didn't....just drank at my place.

Sunday I was up on the deck reading and gettin some sun and I saw a friend of mine pull up on the beach with his Hobie Cat sail boat. He wanted to take me out sailing, but I declined....haha....I don't like boats....My girlfriend wants to go, so maybe someday we will. So we just sat around talking and drinking all afternoon. His mother passed away almost a year ago and I haven't seen him since before she died...like last August...so we had a lot to catch up on.

My girlfriend had bought a 10' pool to set up in her yard, so Monday I went over there to see if she had it up. She didn't yet...but another friend came over that I know, so we sat around and had a few beers. She got the pool up by Tuesday. It's nice...enough for a couple of rafts or people just sitting around cooling off from the heat.

I think it was Wednesday when we decided to drive to Bad Axe and go shopping. That's the closest city where there are any decent stores....like a Walmart and a K-Mart and a Fashion Bug....whoopee-doo....but better than nothing. So we shopped til we dropped and bought clothes and shoes. We hit the Dollar Store and I was able to find this planter to replace another one I bought last year. They had one left...so I was lucky to find it. Fashion Bug has major sales going on right now, so I bought some cute shorts and a ring....my birthday present to myself.

When I was at my girlfriends's house, I noticed that one of my diamond earrings was missing!....Only the back was still stuck to my ear....how the hell was that??? But the earring was simply gone. I looked everywhere on the floor, inside my bra...haha...well, ya never know...but it was nowhere. We had been to the restaurant to eat, so we called there and told them to look for it around where we were sitting. I had been to another store....Hell, I had been everywhere...who the hell knows when it fell out. I am so bummed! My husband gave me those earrings for Xmas quite a few years ago, and I wear them all the time. I haven't told him I lost one. Now I'll have to go see if I can find another one that matches. It's a small diamond...not expensive....but still they were my favorite.

Thursday, my Hobie Cat friend came over and we went up town to the bar and had a few drinks. Friday, I went to my girlfriend's store...but I wasn't feeling all that great, so I just went back home and watched TV and snoozed on the couch most of the night. Didn't do a damn thing....the heat and the drinking was getting to me, I think...haha

But Saturday I felt better...so now it's party time again!! So we went out to the bar at the complex and also to this bar in town. It was fun...I danced...and I wore this cute short skirt that I had bought at Walmart. My girlfriend had this cute pink ruffled skirt that she had bought there, but the sizes were too big for me....so I happened to find this one that was actually a girl's size XL and it fit better....So I wore it with this top I bought at Fashion Bug.

During the week, my husband called several times with numbers of people who were calling on the house....that's good...at least people are calling. He also met that guy at the house and showed it to him. He seemed interested. His brother lives a couple houses down. Also his mother saw it with him. I think she is willing to help him out...I don't know for sure...but that's the impression my husband had. But the guy needs to sell his mobile home first.

Yesterday (Sunday), I cleaned up the condo and started packing my stuff up. My dogs could tell we were coming home when they see me packing. They were so good up there. I took them down to the beach once, but it was really way too hot for them. Some of the other owners were there, so I got to see them and chit-chat on the beach.

So now I'm back home...back to reality....back to my "real" world....whatever! And back to my AIR CONDITIONED HOUSE!!!...Yippee.......

3 Comments:

  • At 4:46 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    GLAD YOUR HOME!!!! I missed ya late at night, although it is about 2am here. I have had to share my puter more these days. NOT too bad. So I am glad yuo had fun Bad Axe huh hahahha too funny to hear those names. well come get caught up. nice to see ya home. sucks about the ear ring.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Bad Axe is one of the towns there. My g'friend lives in Pigeon and her store is in Elkton. Maybe you have been to her store...it's called the "Depot". It's an old train depot that she made into an antique shop.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    holly crap i know those palces!!!!! i have not been up that way in a long time,remember i have been here for 20 years

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter