Cherokee Rose

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I Am So OUTTA HERE!

OK....Today was Day 6 of my husband's "vacation", but it sure ain't much of a vacation if you ask me! I keep thinking of that song by Paul Simon..."50 Ways to Leave Your Lover", but more like "50 Ways to Kill Your Husband"...I mean, I am just so damn frustrated I could just strangle him...or accidently run over him with my car, anyway. WE have done NOTHING! And now he says he doesn't even want to go to Caseville. We never went to the show to see War of the Worlds...we didn't go to a Tiger game...hell, we didn't even go out to eat! Getting him to go out to eat or do anything is like pulling teeth...extremely hard and painful. I got so mad and upset New Year's Eve that I vowed that I am NEVER going to ask him to take me out to eat or anywhere. So since the beginning of the year, we have gone out to eat twice, BUT that is only because our son wanted to go out for my hus's birthday in February and his own birthday in March...so he reluctantly went and we were with my son and his girlfriend. WE...just him and I....have NOT even gone out to eat together AT ALL!....and that is 7 months now....and actually even longer than that cause I know we didn't go out in December...so probably since Oct or Nov...hell, it's been so long I don't even remember. I know we went to the beer tent in June, but that's different...hell, we didn't even eat.

Anyway, so I was thinking and hoping that maybe for his July vacation we might actually go out to eat or do SOMETHING. But NOPE! So now I'm really pissed off....can ya blame me?? And I'm really upset because he knows my birthday is Saturday and we are usually in Caseville and we always go to the Fireside Inn for my birthday....and now he doesn't want to go to Caseville...which means, of course, that I will be going by myself and spend my birthday in Caseville without him....no big deal! I have friends in Caseville....younger friends who like my company and think I'm fun to be with and like to party and have fun....so screw him! Tomorrow, I'm outta here....with my dogs...and I'm gonna stay a week or so...come back when I damn well feel like it.....Sure, I could stay home over the weekend and leave on Monday and go for a week or so, but WHY?...He probably won't do anything anyway and I'll have to beg him to take me out Saturday and I'm NOT about to do that. He is making the choice...he can either go with me or sit his ass home.

Now, what I would REALLY like to do is stay home and go out with my friends here...but oh Lord, then he'll be pissed and won't get the stuff done at the house that I need him to do.....so I'll go party in Caseville. He knew that was the plan, and if he wants to change the plan, then so be it....his choice, not mine....I don't change my plans for other people....I won't accomodate his sorry ass.....besides, to be perfectly honest, I think he wants me to leave and go to Caseville and give him some peace...haha....he would be disappointed if I stayed home. He is use to our summer "time-outs" and I have been so busy with the house and with my mom before, I haven't been able to spend much time in Caseville. Before, it was normal for me to go there for a couple weeks, come home for a couple weeks, then go back for a couple weeks. Hell, I use to go for 2 weeks in June, come home for 2 weeks, then go 3 weeks in July, come home for a week...then go back in August and stay through a week after Labor Day! But then those were the days when he would drive up on the weekends and for a week in July and a week in August and Labor Day weekend. Now he doesn't have much interest....

Also, today we saw a rabbit sitting in our yard...so she hopped away and I went to investigate what she was doing sitting and scratching in this spot...and my dogs were with me. Well, my one dog, Lucky, started scratching and he pulled a little bunny out!...I couldn't believe it...so I started yelling at him and the little bunny tried to hop away. We got the dogs and put them in the house...and managed to help the little bunny back into the hole with the other one. I think there were at least two. So my hus marked the spot so he doesn't run over it with the lawn mower. But now, we have to put Lucky on the leash when he wants to go out; otherwise, he will go over there and get the bunnies. So just as well that I'm leaving tomorrow and taking the dogs.

....And...get this....I was packing up a bunch of boxes of stuff in the cabinets and cupboards to take to the house for the Sale, and I know there is stuff in the garage, so I started checking out the garage. There's a shed attached to the back of the garage and an overhead space above it...so I go up there and OMG, there is so much crap up there! There is stuff up there that I KNOW I threw out years ago. And he complains about my clothes...I couldn't believe it. I told him when I get back from Caseville, we are cleaning out that garage and shit is going OUT! So I'm thinking that maybe that is why he doesn't want to go to Caseville now....while I am gone, he is going to be hiding stuff....hahaha...

3 Comments:

  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OOOOOOOOMG!!!!!this is sooo weird. You sound so much like me!!!!I go alone, he is not a real social person. although he is getting better. I guess after 28 years together I might be rubbing off on him a little! but still a strugel. Dinner out??? alone?? What the hell is that????

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    LOL....only single men are socialable and like to have fun. Once they marry, they think they are living with their mothers! I'll be in Caseville on my birthday and I won't be alone...that's for sure!...

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Well happy b-day early girl!!!!!! sorry I forgot to add that, I was busy bitching! have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter