Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Anyone for Golf??

Today was a so-so day. I packed up some more crap for my garage sale. I still need to go back up into the attic, but it is too damn hot. AND I still need to go through the garage. I decided I am selling my golf clubs since I haven't golfed in probably 10 years and will probably never golf again anyway. I really wasn't very good at it but I really loved the game. It was kind of like hide n seek. I'd hit the ball...and it would go hide...and I'd have to go find it. And I didn't stick much to the rules. If I couldn't find it, I'd just get out another ball and put it in the best place I could and then hit from there. And if I swung and missed, I never counted those shots...or if it only went a few feet, I didn't count it...just kept swinging at it until it went far enough and then I'd count it. My score was usually around 90 for 9 holes and that was only the shots I counted...haha Needless to say, not very many people wanted to golf with me. So I golfed by myself a lot....which was just as well...easier to cheat that way. My youngest son use to golf with me, and a couple of the other owners at the condo would golf with me....but they were morning golf people, and I wasn't. I golfed so late, that by the time I finally got to the last hole, it was getting dark. Anyway, I think it's time to sell the clubs.

Last night my husband suggested that I use up the bacon that has been in the fridge for awhile for dinner tonight....which I was thrilled about, cause that is not really "making dinner"....just throw some bacon in the pan. So I got it all fried up and he's home and I go to get the mayo/salad dressing out and there is NOTHING. So I asked him where the mayo was (remember, I've been out-of-town for almost 2 weeks)...and he said "Oh, I forgot we're out".....duh!...I looked at the magnetic notepad on my fridge I use to WRITE THINGS THAT WE ARE OUT OF on...and it was blank....unless he used invisible ink, he did NOT write it down...and tells me to make BLT's. MEN!!! So I had to get in my car and drive to the store and go buy mayo/salad dressing......he likes salad dressing...I prefer Mayo. The story of our life...whatever I like, he likes the opposite.

Then I watched that new show similar to American Idol only with dancers....and waited with bated breath for 9:30 so I could watch Rock Star - INXS, which is turning out to be really good....better than AI. So at 9:30 I turn it on and I'm looking at "King of Queens".....WHAT??? I checked the TV Magazine, and it said 9:30....well, it ain't on. I go online and find out that it was on at 9:00!! So I missed it....damn TV Magazine........just wasn't my day....I should have stayed in bed.....which I kinda did most of the afternoon anyway. Now it's raining, and I really hate when it rains at night....I don't like nighttime thunderstorms. My youngest son called and said the power just went out at his place....so I better get this posted before our power goes out and I lose everything. Ciao.....

2 Comments:

  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OK GOLF??? I don't like playing "CROKET" does that give ya an idea how I feel about golf.
    Would that be "HELMANS" mayo!! not out here. Well we only get night itime storms out here most the time I love them, the lightning is so pretty. I am so glad your home early.

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe you hit to many balls.....
    no one got the hole.... lololol

    S..............rs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter