Cherokee Rose

Monday, July 25, 2005

I went to the city hall today and made an appointment with the city inspector for the final inspection on the house, so he's coming on Thursday. And I also got a permit for the Estate Sale I'm going to be having in a couple weeks. I asked the girls at the city hall about putting For Sale By Owner signs up on the corners, and they said that I can only put a sign up on my yard....that if signs are put on the corners on city property they will probably be taken down. They CLAIM that real estate office signs also are taken down...yeah, right! She suggested that maybe if I put a sign up on a Friday evening and remember to take it down by Sunday night, it might be okay and not get taken down over the weekend. I'm not really sure if I want to go to all that trouble. I also called the paper and I'm having an ad put in for this Sunday....so maybe I'll get some calls.

Then I went to the house and put out more stuff. The place is getting filled up with all my crap, and I've got lots more to do. I don't know what the hell I am going to do with all the books my mom had. I swear, she kept every single solitary book she ever read! Plus, I have tons of books. I hope a lot of book readers show up at the sale.

Then I came home and grilled some smoked ham on the grill. I didn't get much sleep last night at all cause it was so freakin hot....I was dying....I went to sleep around 12:30...woke up at 2:30 and didn't get back to sleep til after 5:00! So of course I slept in and didn't get up til 10:00. I brought back one of my mom's fans so I hope it works better than the one I have. Our Air conditioning sucks....it's good for downstairs, but doesn't do a damn thing upstairs.

I went up in the attic tonight to try and find this clothes rack I KNOW is up there somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I don't know what my hus did with it. It's probably stuck behind all the Xmas crap. It was so incredibly hot up there...it must have been 150 degrees....at least. Sweat was pouring off me....and I'm trying to go through stuff...and trying to stay on the boards and not fall through the ceiling. I brought down some of my son's Star War guys, but I don't know if he wants to sell them. I brought down some things of his, but if he doesn't want to sell them than I will have to go back up there to put it all back. I'll wait til Xmas to do it...much cooler.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. She would have been 80. I suppose I should go to the cemetery and at least bury her cat's ashes. My husband asked me if they were still in the house....haha When I was in Caseville, I didn't have any dreams of her...then as soon as I got back, I've had dreams of her and the house twice already. So I know it's that damn house. Well, that's all folks! Nite...

5 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hahaha, OK GUYS here is the plan. Diane you drive down to Val's take her the starwars stuff she gives you teh racks and then you help drive her out here. We will all go someplace, have a GREAT TIME and you can fly back home with your racks! sound good?
    A lot of houses sell during the estate sale!!! keep your head up.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I have a little "troll" leaving comments on my site. The real "DK" explains it if you click on his name.

    Anyway...It would be a blast to drive to AZ and party with you guys...if I only had the time!

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger d.K. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter