Cherokee Rose

Saturday, July 30, 2005

I spent my whole evening shopping at WALMART with my youngest son....son #3. I had planned on going to the house and pricing stuff til late...so I told my hus that I would NOT be home when he gets there.....in otherwords...fend for yourself..make your own f'ng dinner! But then I get a call from my son and he NEEDS me to help him get those landscaping bricks home with my jeep. So I priced things at my sale til about 6:00 and left and drove to his house. Got there and he's sleeping! I knocked and knocked and he finally woke up. We got to Walmart eventually.....after I scarffed down a cheese sandwich at his house cause I was f'ng starving! I did get to see his cat...who is named....Suebutts!...another boring story...but that is her name...ANYHOW....we drove to Walmart and piled 24 of these heavy cement brick things into our carts....and typical WALMART...the register and outdoor gates were closed at only 7:45 p.m., so we had to push these carts thru the entire store to a regular checkout...a really nice employee did help us push the carts....yahoo!!...then we paid for it and carted it outside, my son drove my jeep to where our carts were (OH, he told me that Walmart just purchaed these great, fantastic, easy-wheeling carts for like $100 a piece...so guess I should appreciate that)....and the lady helping me push my cart had some guy help us unload them into my jeep. I admit, he was a sweetie...a bit of a mentally-disadvantaged guy...but what else can you expect from Walmart....HEY>>>>>>you get GREAT prices!!...anyway, he helped us unload my jeep. So we drove back to my son's house, unloaded the bricks or whatever you call them......Went back and bought 32 more...unloaded them ourselves. Then after we unloaded them at his house, we are trying to determine how many he will need. Well, we decided he needed more...so we drove back to walmart and got 20 more of these things. By this time it is dark...and I am in a major dire need of a BEER@!! We did buy a couple of those 35 cent cokes they have in a machine outside their doors,,,,,but it don't compare to a BEER!!!

OK>..so I got home after 10:00...hus laying on the couch...dogs all over me cause they missed me so much!!...Hus was rarely aware I was even home. My hands were scraped and scrathed from all the bricks I was lifting and my arms ache. But I got my Beer!!....Ciao

1 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hahaha hope you got into the hot shower! Is your walmart open 24 hours out there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter