Cherokee Rose

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Lost Checkbook FOUND!

YEP....I found my checkbook and I was so elated...I was jumping up and down. There is a chair in my breakfast nook that I always put my purse on, and I found it down between the seat and the back of the chair...the wood part. It was barely sitting on the edge of the wood part. I'm surprised that it didn't fall through to the floor. I had looked all around the chair and the table thinking that maybe it had fallen on the floor...cause crap is always falling out of my purse there...but I didn't see anything, cause it was still wedged down behind the seat. So last night after I had typed my blog, I went downstairs to find my camera and was looking in my purse and that's when I spotted it. Then I freaked out cause I couldn't find my camera....I had taken it to the bar Saturday night and thought I had left it there...but my husband had put it in a cupboard....whew! Anyway, the 7 checks that are in it have been cancelled and it cost me $30!...and it was for nothing, cause it was right here in the house.

Today, I went to this big flea market and bought a few things. I found another white-tag Boyds bear for $3.00...and I got an Elvis video, The '68 Comeback one. I have been looking in Ebay for it, but hated to spend the extra for shipping, and this one I got today was only $1.50....and I bought some Wade Tea Rose figurines and 4 Budweiser mugs. Damn, it was hot again today and I fried in the sun walking around. Then I went to the house for awhile and tried to get this big metal closet thing into the furnace room, but I couldn't clear the doorway because of the key that was in it, and I tried and tried and could not get that damn key out...I even tried squirting some WD40 or whatever it's called into the keyhole and I still couldn't get it out....DAMN, why am I so inept at doing things?? I hate when I have to keep asking my hus to do something for me. So I just put it back up against the wall. And I tried to put some nails into this panelling in some of the places that needed some extra nails to hold it flatter against the studs, and could I do that??? NO...the nails kept going in all crooked and I was just making a bigger mess...so I gave up. But I did manage to switch these two kitchen cabinet doors...I had them mixed up when I first put them up and they weren't shutting right, so I switched them and now they shut okay.....yippee, I did accomplish something!

Then I went home and barbequed shish-kabobs and had a couple beers on the patio. My hus got the flowers planted, but he didn't cut the grass...and I don't dare say anything...so it will get a foot long before he mows it next weekend...cause he don't do much during the week. He got out all his summer clothes and put all his winter stuff upstairs in the hallway...and they're still sitting there....I just step over them. I suppose I could be nice and put them away for him....well, maybe tomorrow...I'll see..............

3 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OH YEAH,,, Sorry bout the tigers AGAIN!!!!! just to let ya know there was big fights in my house, the rest of my family were for the Tigers, I had to be the butt and cheer for the Diamondbacks. :)just to get them.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    When the Tigers play the Diamondbacks, it must be a tough call....just cheer for both teams!..then you feel like a winner either way...haha

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Yeah it is tough, like with the pistons and the suns back a few/couple years ago. On the inside I like detroit, but I have to be a bitch on the outside. Everyone here is for detroit, of corse!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter