Cherokee Rose

Sunday, June 26, 2005

A great day to just lay around.....

Today was hot hot hot!...but I ain't complaining...anything is better than cold. I got up around 11:00 and my husband was gone somewhere for awhile. Then later after he got home, I saw some flats of flowers sitting in the driveway....yippee, I got my flowers finally. Maybe he felt bad about leaving the poor dogs outside last night, so he bought me my flowers. But his story is that he really didn't just leave them out there. He claims that they had been barking to go out all night, and he had just let them out again when he heard me driving in, so he just went back to bed figuring I'd let them in. Guess he wasn't drunk, just tired from being up with barking dogs. They knew I was gone and probably was barking at every noise thinking it was me....they just love me so much!

Like I said, it was so hot today, and I had the Air on in the house so low it was freezing....so I kept going outside to warm up, then go back inside to cool off...back and forth. My husband worked around the house, cleaning out gutters, laying sod on some bare spots that are still there from when we had a few trees cut down last summer. Me, I just mainly laid on the lounger on my patio. I did offer to cut the grass, but he said no....then I offered to rake up the dead grass from when he cut it last weekend, so I at least did that...well, only a small area. When I told him I was done, he said "What?...you did the whole yard already?"...I told him I only did the worse area, it's too hard and hot to do the whole yard. So I laid back down on my lounger...sipping an ice cold drink....haha

I still haven't found my checkbook...and I'm sick about losing the registry part of it...I have no idea how I am ever going to be able to balance my checkbook now. Everything will be pretty screwed up for awhile.

My little Mini Sue has no more fleas!...guess the meds I bought her worked.

I smoked like a fiend last night at the bar...so I'll have to get myself back on track...I did better today. I'm going to buy myself some of those patches and see if they work. Then I'll probably light up a cig and forget I'm wearing the patch and be super buzzed. But I have GOT to cut down on my smoking....notice I'm not saying "quit"...I never say "quit"....just gotta cut down. Besides, I've been ordering my cigs online and now Gov Granholm here in Michigan is getting the names of people who order online, and they are sending major bills to people for taxes....and so far I haven't gotten a bill. The place I order from swears that they do not and will not give out any information to anyone. But if they get a court order to do so, then who the hell knows. One lady in MI got a bill for $2000!....Jeeeezzzzz....I don't need that! So my only alternative is to buy the cheapo Smoker's Choice for $1.00/pack....I don't like them, but that's just as well...If I don't like them, then easier to cut down, right??

My son, John, finished painting the basement floor at the house, so I'll go over there tomorrow and take a look at it and put some things back where they belong. Then as soon as hubby gets the sign ready, I can put it up....but I think I will have trouble selling it. Houses are just not selling very well. At the get-together last night, my friend was saying that her and her husband have been trying to sell two of their houses for a year now....nothing...very depressing. Well, I predicted this 10 years ago!...I kept telling people in about 10 years the housing market is going to start bottoming out, and it's starting. See, I was right!!...and it's going to get worse. My theory is that when the baby-boomer generation, which basically has controlled the economy in this country, starts retiring, then they will be selling all their inflated high-priced homes, and there aren't enough buyers in the next generation to buy them....plus, the next generation has no money....good jobs, all the toys, but no money. So prices of houses are going to have to start coming down, so these new buyers can afford to buy them....a lot of people are going to be screwed. So that was my theory 10 years ago!.....

3 Comments:

  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    WOW I had heard about the big tax put on cigs. there. I thought they were bad here, I buy GPC 100's for about 4 bucks a pack. You need to come out here houses are going like crazy, I know of several people who have sold their houses with in a year of buying and they have gotten almost double the price!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    That is also part of my theory...see the baby boomers are selling, BUT then buying in places like Arizona, Vegas, Florida...the retirement States, so those States will boom....

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A great help for quitting smoking is taking a Vit B supplement. It helps to calm your nerves and make you feel calmer. Good luck!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter