Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Well, I was planning on taking a day off from the house tomorrow and just kinda do my own thing...whatever that might be...guess it depends on my mood. BUT Randy called, and tomorrow is his day off and he wants us to do some househunting together. He gets on this "I want to buy another house" kick every once in awhile and he'll drive me crazy about every house he sees. He has to call me up and read me every word of every ad he's found. He has a perfectly nice house, except it doesn't have a basement and he wants one. Well, I don't have a basement and I raised three kids here....gee, how on earth did I ever do that?..and without a basement. So tomorrow I guess I'll be househunting...we'll drive and drive and probably look at houses he can't afford anyway.

I've been in my house for almost 28 years now....wow, I can't believe it. I remember the day we first saw it. Randy was like almost 2 years old then...John was 5, and Ken was almost 12.....gee, how can that be? I mean, I'm only 35 now!!...Haha We had a small 3 bedroom house with no basement and only a 1 car garage and we wanted a bigger house for the kids. So we found this 4 bedroom cape cod house on a 1/2 acre lot...but it still didn't have a basement and it still only had a 1 car garage...but we fell in love with it and bought it. There were a few times I would look around thinking about moving, but we just love our house too much. I remember that it seemed so big when we first bought it...cause it also has a family room in the back, and with the upstairs we would lose each other. Now with all the kids gone, you would think that we would have all this extra room....NOT....I have so much crap everywhere in this house, I need more room. In my other home, I had one closet that we shared. Now I have my clothes in every closet of the house....it's just ridiculous...I don't know where all this crap comes from. The garage is full of whatever my hus keeps in there...I don't even want to know. I throw something out, and months later I will find it in the garage. He is such a pack-rat. And, of course, if I throw out something that later I decide I want to keep, it's gone! Then I get mad cause he threw it out....haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter