Cherokee Rose

Monday, June 13, 2005

I lost another post. I typed a post last night til after midnight, and when I went to publish it, my server screwed up and I lost it. I have earthlink and earthlink sucks! I had an online meeting last night with my Thyla Star Trek group I belong to, and in the middle of the meeting, I got booted off and it took me almost 20 minutes to get back on. I was so mad last night, I just shut my computer down and went to bed.

When my hus and I were at the beer tent, we got talking about his pending retirement. He was saying that he really likes going to work and he dreads retiring and having to stay home all day with me......haha I told him that I'm rarely home much during the day anyway. Besides, if he retires then I can go places, cause he will be home with the dogs. I can go to Vegas, and I want to go to Graceland with my girlfriend. I would really love to buy a motorhome and we can travel with the dogs, but I don't think he's too keen on that idea....so he can stay home and dogsit. And if he gets on my nerves too much, then I can always go to Caseville for a break. So I don't know what he's going to do, but I'm sure he'll retire in a year or so. It will be a big adjustment, but I'll find things for him to do. Maybe I can get my computer room done. I bought a computer desk a few years ago and it's still sitting on the floor in the box, and my comp is still on a card table!

Right now, I will just be glad if he will get his butt over to the house and finish up all the little things that he needs to do. Sunday, he just laid on the couch all day and did nothing. I ended up going to the house because I was meeting this woman there so she could look at a twin mattress I have there. She posted in "freecycle" that she needed a twin mattress for her little boy, and I wrote her and told her I have one she can have. So she is going to pick it up later this week when she can make arrangements for a truck.

Today I went over there and tried to do a few things that I really need my hus to do, cause I am not all that talented with a lot of things. So first I took off the old doorknob off the front door, but then I couldn't figure out how to put the new one on, so there's no knob on it and can't lock the door now. Then I was going to try to replace the toilet seat, but couldn't get the old one off. So I didn't really accomplish much. I'm still working on the basement floor...and I'm having an awful time getting that sticky linoleum backing off....we may end up just having to paint over it. I just don't give a royal shit anymore.

Hus has a doctor's appointment after work, so I don't have to rush and get dinner. God, I hate making dinners. I can get by with a sandwich if I'm hungry. He's got to have his blood pressure checked. For some reason, he has really high blood pressure even with medication. He doesn't smoke (except for my secondhand smoke), and he's pretty much an easy going kind of guy...nothing much upsets him. Me, on the other hand, smoke, party, drink too much, and freak out at everything, and my blood pressure is okay with a low-grade medication...mine was pretty much borderline anyway....but his gets really high for some reason.

I'm due for my checkup as well....plus I need to go in for my annual pap smear and mammogram, but I just don't have the time...I just want to get this house done first.

Damn, it's a crappy day today...weatherwise....first we get all this 90 degree heat, and now it's rainy, cool and windy...typical Michgian....

1 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I want cool!!!!!! Thanks for the stop by. I jsut learned how to do those blinkies not too long ago they are soooo fun go here,,,,, clik.to/pinkie blinkie right click on what one you wnt and save as, to your desk top and put them in a file,I'll get you to the next step later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter