Cherokee Rose

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Life as we once knew it will never be again....

I was up late last night and typed a blog post and totally lost it. I went to publish it, and my computer freaked out on me and it was gone....really pissed me off. Yesterday I had went to this bathtub refinisher place, and I ended up near where I grew up and it is so depressing to see how everything has changed. The area doesn't look anything like how I remember it. But the house my dad built is still there. Across the street were a lot of houses that are all gone now and some car dealership is there now, and they paved the road. It use to be all country out there. The house where my high school boyfriend lived is not there anymore. We were a hot item back in the four years of high school....he was the one that I always thought I would marry and have children with. But it was not to be...immature stupidity stepped in and fucked everything up....oh well, he's dead now anyway. He died of lung cancer last Fall.

My husband took Friday off work, and we have been working on the house these past 3 days. My son, John, came over there today and helped get some old appliances out of the basement. I got the kitchen cabinets painted and did some painting on moldings and the back and front door. The kitchen is ready for the new linoleum when they ever call me....then the kitchen will be done! The tub refinisher place was closed, so I'll go there Tuesday and set up an appointment...then the bathroom will be done! The bedrooms are already done. Husband needs to put a second coat of paint on the doors, put carpet in the foyer, and I need to work on the floors...then the living room will be done....Then we have to do some things in the basement. Eventually I'll get it up for sale. It will be hard to sell my mom's house, though. There is some comfort in going over there. I keep thinking of things I want to do...and my husband says "It's good enough"...but I just want it to be perfect, and I don't want it to look like my mom's house...maybe it will be easier to sell.

We are going to take a break tomorrow on the house.....stay home and get some things done here...just enjoy the holiday...and it better not rain!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    It was hard to sell my dad's house. I was far enough away that I could just empty it and pay someone to clean it. I didn't even have to go up to sign the papers. It did make it a little easier. Have a nice day tomorrow.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Selling the house is one thing, but selling memories is so much harder....and there were so many things my mom talked about doing to the house, so I guess I am doing it now for her and hope someone else can enjoy it. We had a great day today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter