Cherokee Rose

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Furnace checked...Bad news....

The furnace guy met me at the house today. He said he would be there between 1:00 and 3:00, so I was there like 5 mins before 1:00, and he got there about 5 mins after three....sheeesh; but I got a few things done while I was waiting. So he comes in and goes down in the basement and I hear him banging and banging on something. Then he comes up and tells me that the heat exchanger is cracked. I told him that the furnace is running fine, and what the hell was he banging on...maybe that cracked the heat exchanger. So he showed me what he was doing, and showed me the cracks. So I guess I really do have to replace the damn heat exchanger. Luckily, the furnace was still under warranty as far as the part is concerned, even though I have to pay some $70 handling fee....and I still have to pay $400 for labor!! Unbelievable!!

I feel I am definitely coming down with a cold, even though I have been taking cold medication all week. This morning I was sneezing and feeling like crap so I don't even feel like going to Caseville tomorrow, but I have to. Hubby told me I didn't have to take the "kids", but I would feel way too guilty if I left them home. I leave them everyday when I'm gone at the house, and besides, I already told them they were coming!.....my furry little four-legged kids. Once in awhile if I go for just a weekend, I leave them home and they sulk. Once, Lucky even sat by the backdoor howling all weekend....cause they miss their mom! Actually, I read an article that said that pets get stressed out when you leave them, not because they miss you, but because they have this parental instinct and they think they are the parent and you are their kids, so actually they get stressed because they are worrying about you....when you are home, they know where you are and can watch over you, but when you leave, they can't protect you so they are worried. So they are all happy when you come back, because they know that you are okay. But I like to think they miss me! Anyway, they know where I'm going when they see the suitcases packed, and they follow me all around the house so I don't forget them, and they get so damn excited!! So tomorrow, we'll all be off for Caseville and hopefully I'll feel better.........

4 Comments:

  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Caseville? I use to go tohere all the time with an old boyfriends family. I loved it. Wow reading your post really makes me miss HOME!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Do you remember the Bella Vista? It is a condo now, and we own one of the apartments. The main owner who owns most of them still rents out to the public, so everyone can still enjoy the great sunsets over Lake Huron.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    The parents had a cottage off the lake I don't remember a whole lot other then it was a bunch of them, and it was on the left side of the road. We were together for 4 years and spent winter and summer weekends there.Snowmobiling and swimming, and well other stuff. hehe! I loved it up there. Was that on the right just at the begining of town? (bella vista) this was like 30+ years ago

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    The BV is on the lakeside about a mile from town. There is also a bar there, so a lot of people come there for the bar on the weekends. I love it, cause then I don't have to drive...haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter