Cherokee Rose

Monday, May 09, 2005

Desperately Seeking Strong Man!

I went over to the house today and was suppose to meet some guy there that was going to help me get an old washer and dryer out of the basement, but he didn't show up. I've been trying to get someone....anyone....to get these damn things out of the basement! I thought the kids would do it, but can't seem to get two of them there at the same time to get it done. Then I was in touch with some scrap guys that were suppose to come get them and take them away for nothing, but they didn't show up. So, out of desperation I went into this website where you can buy/sell/trade things and I posted a message saying I needed two strong men and would pay them $50.....wow, you wouldn't believe the responses I got!...haha.....I did explain that I needed them to carry these appliances out of my basement and put them at the curb for me. Anyway, some guy responded and said he has an appliance dolley and would be glad to help me out. I asked him if he had another guy to help him, but he said he was strong and he could do it himself....although, he added that he might need a massage afterwards....(yeah, right buddy!) So there I was....a woman alone in a house.....waiting for some strong stranger to come over......just to get these things out of my basement! Told ya, I'm getting desperate.....I got an email from him explaining that things got too hectic today....(mmmmm, maybe too many desperate housewives in need of his services), but he will check his schedule and get back with me, but he said he will definitely be there. I got some more painting done, at least. Then I had to rush home...got home same time as hubby.....cause I had an appointment to donate blood at 5:30. I've been a regular blood donor for a few years now....I try to give at least 4-5 times a year. I'm a B+, and I learned that only 9% of the population has B+......so they call me every 2 months for a donation. So I did my good deed for the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter