Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My Furry "Kids"

I have two furry little "kids"....technically, they are called dogs, but that would be an insult to them, because they think they are human. My little girl is Mini Sue , who is a long-haired chihuahua; and my big boy is Lucky Lou , who is a black pomeranian. Now Mini Sue is half the size of Lucky, but she is definitely the boss of him! Tonight, they were fighting over a tiny miniscule piece of chicken, and she threw a sissy-fit and practically attacked poor Lucky....the fur was flying. So my husband yelled at both of them...well, maybe more at Mini since she was the little instigator. Now Mini gets her feelings hurt easily, a typical female....so she sulked all evening. Usually when it is time to eat, she gets all excited and runs around the house and follows my husband watching and waiting....well, tonight she was sulking, so when he was getting their food, she stayed in the living room on the couch, ignoring him. She was acting weird all night....she wouldn't even look at him or go sit with him. She just laid in her little bed looking really sad all night.....poor Mini Sue....she'll get over it!

Lucky is pretty smart and you have to be one up on him all the time. He can figure things out. Once when we had cats, my husband would feed the cats and Lucky would always try to steal the cat dish and run with it....so my husband use to stand guard in the kitchen until they were done eating. Lucky would lay there looking at the cat's dish and look at him....back and forth....his mind working....he knew if he wanted that cat dish, he would have to distract my husband, so this one night Lucky went into the family room and rang the bells that we have by the back door (he rings the bells when he wants to go outside), so he is ringing the bells, and my husband walked out of the kitchen to the back door to let him out, and as soon as he put his hand on the door knob, Lucky made a mad dash to the kitchen, grabbed the cat's dish and ran!.....My husband is standing there with his hand on the door knob and couldn't believe he just got outsmarted by a dog! I laughed my ass off.......

1 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Yeah!...But I have to type in the HTML Post, and I had to figure out how to type in Bold, and I still can't figure out how to type in Colors...I prefer typing in the regular "Comments" post, but my return doesn't work there....weird...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter