Cherokee Rose

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Constantine Still Rocks!

Carrie Underwood is the new American Idol.....I really wanted Bo, but I didn't bother voting, cause both were good. Besides, I think Bo will do much better on his own, without being tied to a seven-year American Idol contract as Carrie will be. Personally, I think this whole show is fixed. Simon decides who he wants to put his money into, and that is who always wins. I mean, how the hell do we really know if our votes count? I might not even bother watching it next season. Did ya see how Constantine kissed the camera?....that was for me!!...haha

Anyway, I got to the house yesterday before 9:00 and the furnace guy got there closer to 10:00, so it wasn't too bad. I did some priming on the kitchen cabinets and took all the doors off...well, except for one....there is always ONE that the damn screw wouldn't turn, so it's still hanging there. I went to Home Depot and bought some red mulch and white stones for the yard. Actually, they told me that they were out of red mulch until today, but I saw this dolley with a bunch of bags on it. The sales guy said it belonged to someone who parked it there....well, too bad...never leave your dolleys unattended....so I took 4 bags and got the hell out of there FAST! Besides, it wasn't stealing...it wasn't paid for...still belonged to the store...it was just sitting there, maybe the guy changed his mind....and I needed it....

Last night I watched TWO TV's....one for American Idol and one for Lost....I brought my 13" TV downstairs and hooked it up and sat there with both remote controls. I didn't have to switch back and forth so much, but it still drove my husband crazy.

I did some genealogy research last night. We are trying to locate a Jack Driscoll, who is the son of Bernadette, who is the daughter of Helen Rood, who is the sister of Norman Rood, who is my great-grandfather. So I typed in John Driscoll through zabasearch (Thanks Holly!), and came up with one that was born in the right year who lives in Harbor Springs, MI....so I'm sending him a letter and hope he's the right one. A few months back I went to the Detroit Public Library and tried to find something on the Driscoll family and only found Helen's obit, which only added to the confusion, cause it said she was the grandmother of Jack and "Charles", and we have no idea who Charles is...cause Jack was Bernadette's only child. Oh, the mysteries of genealogy.....so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I found the right Jack Driscoll.....XXXXXXXX (fingers crossed)!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter