Cherokee Rose

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Bargains Galore.....

I had intended on getting up really really early to hit this huge subdivision sale that is going on this weekend...woke up at 6:00, woke up at 7:30, woke up at 8:30, finally got my ass out of bed at 9:00...but I hustled around and got there around 10:00, and the streets were jammed...I drove around and around just trying to find a place to park...and I'm sure all the really GREAT stuff was gone by then...all those morning early-birders...probably slept in their cars overnight. I didn't have a lot of time cause I had to be at the house by 2:00 or so. So I hit maybe 1/3 or less of the homes, but I did get some good bargains. The best deal was this Hallmark Star Trek 30 year anniversary 2 ornament die-cast metal ships with voice activation of William Shatner...never opened...retailed for $45, and I got it for $2.00! It's never been opened, and I don't want to open it,,,so I have no idea what it looks like...but it's a good deal. And I got a Hallmark Queen Amidala from Star Wars Episode 1 ornament for $1.00....and some Precious Moments figurines, clothes and my real find for the day is a croquet set that I have been wanting since last summer. And I got this blue and white rabbit figurine from England for .25....I'll probably sell a lot of what I bought on ebay...that's what I do...shop for stuff to resell and make money.

I got to the house around 2:00, cause we sold this bunkbed that was in the basement and the guy was going to come pick it up. But he didn't even get there until 4:00...and then he had to take it apart and he was talking the whole time. I know everything about his life now. His mom died of alcoholism 3 years ago when she was only 48...his dad died when he was only 3 years old....He works at Art Van cause his painting business wasn't all that good....he is driving to Florida cause his brother-in-law got some girl pregnate and is getting married....he use to be an alcoholic but he quit drinking....his uncle poured beer on his mom's grave after the funeral so he kicked his ass and he got arrested........on and on and on....anyway, I did get some work done...I primed the areas on the basement floor that I scraped to get it ready to paint.

Tomorrow, I'm hitting the sales again......find more bargains!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    So wht did the guy have to say if he was there for so long? heheheheh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter