Cherokee Rose

Monday, May 30, 2005

Happy Memorial Day.....

It was a beautiful day today! We stayed home and got some outside things done. I cleaned up the patio and put out all my patio stuff, so it looks so nice now. I just love my patio! We had it installed last summer. It's one of those stamped concrete patios....way bigger than our old one, so I have lots of room for putting all my stuff. And we have these tiki lights set up, and it's so nice to sit out there with the lights burning at night. My husband cut the grass and I did a lot of cleaning up around the yard. I have these three cute little gnomes that I set out in the yard in various spots....and you know how mischevious little gnomes can be...so they mysteriously show up in different spots. One day, one of them is near the big tree, and a few days later, he'll be under a bush...hmmmmmmm, ya never know where they will be next. My husband will go out there and say to me "what happen to the gnome that is suppose to be over there?", and I just look at him and say "I don't know...he must have moved in the middle of the night"...and then he has to find him....haha. I went shopping and bought some shish-kabobs and barbequed them. It was a nice relaxing day. Tomorrow my husband is taking the day off work, and we'll go to the house and do more work.

My youngest son, Randy, spent the weekend at our condo in Caseville with his girlfriend. They are suppose to be back today. He sold our 1995 Caprice that we replaced with the Impala for $2650, way more than I thought it was worth. He sold it to some guy from New York. The guy is suppose to fly in tomorrow and pick it up. Our Caprice is a retired cop car, so it has the big corvette-type engine in it, and I guess that is what the guy wants. Our Impala is also a retired cop car, so it has the bigger engine, too....whatever the hell that means...as long as it gets me where I want to go, that's all I care about....but men and their cars and engines!

The little boy next door was outside playing and he is so cute...about 2 years old and his name is Valentino! My hus thinks it's a weird name for a boy...but I think it's kinda cute. Anyway, my dogs go nutso when they see him in the yard, and they stand by the fence barking their fool heads off....especially that Mini Sue...she is such a yiper...she barks at anything and anyone at all hours of the day and night. Some nights she is so bad...she will wake up all night just to go outside and bark....1:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m., 5:00 a.m......some nights you just want to boot her in the ass. And I'm sure all the neighbors can hear her. Ever since we got her, 3 for-sale signs have gone up in our block...although, I'm sure it's just a coincidence....I mean, one guy died and I doubt if her barking killed the poor guy.....unless he died from lack of sleep!......Oh well, going to bed...tomorrow will be a busy day. I got the city inspector coming on Wednesday and God only knows what all he will say we have to do....I'm hoping for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter