Cherokee Rose

Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm Lucky I got Lucky......

My nephew's kitty died and I feel bad for him, cause he really loved that cat. She had a long life and it's time for her to rest now.

I don't even want to think about losing my two doggies....just makes me sick thinking about it. When I lost my precious "Casey" back in 1996 (he was a Pomeranian and almost 14 years), it was so hard and I swore I would never have another dog....cause I couldn't bear to go through that again, and I never thought I could ever love another dog as much as I loved him, and I didn't think it would be fair to get a dog that I couldn't love as much. I use to go to pet stores and just look at all the "babies" cause it made me feel better and I really thought that when Casey died, he would be born again as another dog and I promised him when he was dying that I would find him and bring him home. After about six months, I found "Lucky" and I knew he wasn't really Casey but I wanted to believe he was. For two months, I would go to the pet store and just look at him....look in his eyes...looking for a sign that maybe he was Casey. I know it sounds weird cause it was!...but I was looking for a sign. Then I was going to go to Caseville for 2 weeks and I went and saw him before I left and I told him that if he is still there when I get back, then maybe I will take him home. So when I got back, I went to the pet store and he wasn't in his cage....and I was sad but also glad that he finally found a home...so I shopped around and went back to look at the dogs before I left and he was there! I guess he had been to the vet for his shots earlier. So I went home and told my hus that he was still there. He didn't say anything. Then I told him that I think maybe we should get him. He still didn't say anything except he walked out of the room. I was depressed because I thought he didn't want to get him, but then he walked back into the room with his coat on and just said "Let's go get him". I jumped off the couch and couldn't get there fast enough.

Anyway, we love Lucky as much as we loved Casey, that's for sure. We named him Lucky because his birthday is 7-11, so it was either "Lucky" or "Party Store"...haha His whole name is Lucky Lou LeBear (he's a black Pomeranian and he looks like a little black bear)....actually we call him Louie most of the time, though.

Then we got little Miss Mini Sue and that is another story for another time. I never thought I would ever have two dogs, but I guess it took 2 dogs to replace Casey cause he was special and one of a kind.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    sorry about the kitty. I had to put my dog to sleep a year ago Jan. then a month later my daughter brought "HER" puppy over and asked if she could just stay for the week end. She has been here a year and a half.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    LOL...Basically that is how we ended up with Mini Sue...was suppose to be my son's dog...and he wanted me to housebreak her and that was five years ago!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter