Cherokee Rose

Sunday, June 19, 2005

A Nice Father's Day......

Today is Father's Day and I gave my husband a birdhouse and some candy...he wasn't too surprised since I already gave it to him last Sunday because I thought last Sunday was Father's Day. My oldest son stopped by to see him and gave him a card and some lottery tickets, and told us that Jayden had a bad night with having a hard time breathing and coughing, so he went and bought a vaporizer and it helped. Later my middle son, John, stopped by with a card. I went to the house and my youngest, Randy, came over and helped me get those two pieces of cut-up couch out of the basement. I was suppose to try and cut the lawn so he got the lawn mower started for me, but we turned it off because I was going to do it later. Of course, later when I tried to start it, it wouldn't start! Now, I have never mowed grass in my life, so this was going to be a first for me, and I was kinda excited about it, but it never happened. I just don't have the strength to pull that stupid cord, I guess. The lawn mower just laughed at me.....but I got some things done and the basement is ready for John to finish painting.

I already got one market analysis on the house, and I contacted another realtor for a second one. Hopefully, she will be there by Tuesday.

Then I came home and barbequed some burgers and had corn on the cob and macaroni salad. I was hoping Randy would stop over at our house and eat with us, but he never made it over. He is involved in trying to find another house to buy, and he had some he wanted to look at.

I miss my dad....I can't believe he has been gone for almost 26 years! He was the best, that's for sure....a real one-of-a-kind dad and a great grandpa. Life sure isn't fair sometimes. He missed out on so much, and even after all these years, I still get so damn pissed off at whoever or whatever took him away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter