Cherokee Rose

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Sun is Coming Up......Damnnnnnn

Holy Jeeeezzzzus.....the sun is coming up...and I ain't even got to bed yet. I really hate when I see the sun coming up....I was downstairs in my family room and I could start to see the trees in my yard and I knew it was coming, so I ran upstairs and closed all my blinds....like a little vampire, that I am.

I just got off the phone with my son...my youngest. He called me at 1:00 a.m. and we yakked and chatted til 5:00 a.m., so I'm still up. I told him that I really need to get some sleep. Isn't it great when you have a great relationship with your kids that they know they can call you at 1:00 in the morning and chat for 4 hours??? Well, that's what I got...and I love it!

I talked to my oldest son earlier and I told him that I was going to come see Jayden after I meet with these guys at the house for them to take some furniture out of the basement. So I got there at 1:00 in the afternoon and did some basement painting while I was waiting and waited and waited and waited.....by 4:30, they called and said that they MIGHT get there a little later or they could rescedule for next week....(BP gettin higher)....a total waste of my time. So I left, drove home, changed clothes and hit the road and drove to Pontiac to see my grandson. They discharged him from the hospital, so he was home. I walked in and my son was holding him and he saw me and held his arms out to me and I took him and hugged him and he laid his little head on my shoulder.....he loves his granny!! His little arms are bruised from all the IV's and he has these little circles all over him from the electrode things, and his hand is swollen from another IV...poor little brave guy. But Jayden is such a happy and contented and good baby....he just smiles at you and never cries....he was so tired from everything but he was enjoying all the attention. There were a lot of people there, and we got some beer and pizza. Jayden has an appt with the doctor on Monday and an appt with the neurologist. I brought him some clothes and a pair of sandals that flash lights....he liked those!

So I left and got lost as usual....I get lost anywhere I go....I really did start to panic this time, though...I really did not have a clue where the hell I was at...I took a wrong turn at some point. Anyway, I finally found my way to the road I was looking for...like 30 mins later....and then I got a call from Randy, my youngest, so I pulled over and called him back, left a message, and got home around midnight. I was just mellowing out,,,,having a few brewskis, smokin my cigs, and then the phone rang at 1 a.m., and it was Randy. And we chatted and chatted til 5 this morning.


See, that is the difference between our generation and our parent's generation.....we have more of a parent/buddy relationship with our kids as opposed to the "we are the parent, you are nothing" generation....or "until we need you when we get old" generation.......there is no way in hell I would have EVER called my mother at 1:00 in the morning just to talk....no f'ng hell!....hell would have definitely froze over!

So we chatted about everything and anything for 4 hours and then I started to see the sun coming up and panicked...."Christ, I need to get some sleep.....I need to get on my computer....I need to type on my blog....I need another beer!!!!"

1 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Sorry I am behind . I am catching up. Glad the baby is home!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter