Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BCBS Update....

Okay, so I ain't hearing nothing from the woman from the benefits service center who is suppose to be trying to find out what is going on with my insurance. She told me last Thursday she would get back with me in 24-48 hours....LAST THURSDAY! I know I'm not great at math, but I am pretty sure that today is more than 48 hours. The guy I talked to on Monday told me that she is scheduled to call me on Tuesday. And I'm pretty sure that Tuesday was like 2 days ago!!

So I called Blue Cross myself. According to the somewhat intelligent sounding woman my coverage was cancelled on Jan 8, and also so was my husband's! According to her, both our coverages were cancelled by JCI....hubby's past employer whom we have our coverage with. So she called the JCI benefits center and talked to a couple people. And she said that they are checking into it and someone will get back with me....??????????????? Yeah?, like WHEN??? Cause in the meantime, we have no freakin health insurance coverage.

This is what I think happened. Last year, we sent our payments to an address in Milwaukee. Then they changed things in January and the payments now go to Illinois. Well, I think that when the morons in Milwaukee didn't get our payment, they cancelled our coverage.....and the idiots in Illinois simply cashed our checks and didn't bother letting the morons in Milwaukee know that they are getting the checks now.

Now here is the really confusing idiotic part. According to BCBS, we are both cancelled as of Jan 8....both of us. So yesterday or the day before, we get this bill notice crediting our account for the Jan-Feb payments of MY premium only, and subtracted the premium for my husband for March, leaving us still with monies credited....WHAT????...My husband's coverage is cancelled too....so why is only MY premiums being credited back to us and they are still charging us for hubby's premium? The fact that they are crediting our account shows that they obviously received the payments, right? Besides the fact that I have the cancelled checks to prove they not only received but they were cashed by them on time. We were not late with the payments.

Actually, last month I get a notice telling me that my DENTAL coverage was cancelled due to non-payment. I called and the woman told me that I was indeed still covered...they received our check. She even called the insurance company who confirmed that we were covered. She had no idea why I would get a notice telling me I was cancelled. She assured me just last month that our coverages, both dental and medical were paid and covered. Well, somebody better tell those morons in Milwaukee then!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter