Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No water.....No insurance.....

I got back from Caseville yesterday and worked today. Guess what??? I had no freakin' water at my cottage!! I got up there and turned the water on. At first it didn't come right out and I figured that maybe there was ice in the line, so I waited. Pretty soon, the water was coming out and I thought everything was okay. Then it started coming out slower and slower and then nothing. Then I noticed that the pump wasn't running. By Saturday there was still nothing, so I opened up the pump house and the hot scot heater WASN'T EVEN WORKING! It's this little heater thing you plug in and when the temp drops it automatically heats up. Last year it was fine. Anyway, it ain't working now and my pump was frozen. So I bought a new one and plugged it in and it started heating up. When I woke up Sunday I could hear the pump running and I'm like "GOOD!"....but when I got up there still wasn't any water, and my pump was running and running. My neighbors said it had been running since morning. I just shut the damn thing off. My neighbor said that it probably has to be primed again to get the water flowing through the pipes. Or maybe the water in the holding tank is all frozen still. Who knows....I just shut the damn thing off and we'll deal with it in the Spring!!!!!

So I was running with my jugs (water jugs...haha) up town where I can fill them with water for a quarter. At least I could flush the toilets with buckets of water and wash myself. I so HATE when I don't have water....

Shanty Days was fun....lots of people there. I went to the Chili-Cookoff and tasted all the chili's and voted for the best. I went to watch the Polar Bear Dip but it was too crowded and no place to park. I went up to the Eagles Saturday night and they had Karaoke. My neighbors were there too and my girlfriend and we all had a great time.
________________________________________

Apparently, my insurance company has dropped my health coverage! I've been on the phone trying to figure out what the hell happened. I sent my Jan and Feb payment in....I have the cancelled checks. Now they are crediting me the amounts. Hubby is still covered and we still have dental, but my coverage is dropped. We never got any notices from Blue Cross. My only clue was they denied a payment from when I went to my ob/gyn in January...saying that I wasn't covered. The check I sent was for both me and hubby....one check....he's covered and I got dropped. My only claim was when I had pneumonia in November.....hubby had shoulder surgery and therapy...he's covered and I got dropped.....GO FIGURE

I'm trying to get answers from the benefit center. I called last Thursday, again yesterday. Someone was suppose to call today but didn't. Someone screwed up. I am so sick of trying to straighten out someone else's screwups!!! So I have no health insurance. Tomorrow, I'll probably get hit by a bus.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter