Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm Home.....

We had a good time in Caseville and a really good Thanksgiving. I bought an Amish turkey. But since I've never roasted a turkey in the oven there or in a GAS over for that matter, the turkey cooked slower than I anticipated. I thought it would be done by 4:00...by 5:00 it surely looked done even though the pop-up thingy hadn't popped up, so I took it out and put everything on the table. But as my husband was slicing it, we could tell that it was still pinky by the bone...grrrrrrrr....so I had to put it back in the oven. I think it was after 6:00 by the time we ate. But everything turned out anyway.

Hubby came home with one of the dogs last Thursday and I decided to stay another week and just drove home today.

I let Brinks have the garage to himself. He found all kinds of nooks and crannies to perch (and poop) on. It's an attached garage and the utility room/half bath has it's own heater, so I let the furnace run and left the door to the garage open to heat it for him (wonder what my gas bill will be???) We got a bad storm last Saturday up there, and I had to have my driveway plowed the next day.

I did some Xmas shopping for my hubby while I was there and got the gifts all wrapped. I got the cabinet in my bathroom painted....but hubby will give it a second coat while we're there for Xmas. I got all my mums cut down before the storm hit. Good thing, cause now everything is covered with snow.
________________________________________

I got an email from Bill's (Niagara Falls friend) sister and she told me that the house has been sold to someone who wants to restore it!! I am so thrilled about that. I was afraid someone was going to just tear it down. There are houses in that area that have been torn down and condos put in, and the house is on a corner lot. But now it will be restored and I couldn't be happier. I wish I could go see it once it's done. I think I'm going to send the new owners the old pictures I have of the house when my G-G grandparents lived there. Then maybe they will let me come see it and visit!!!

Nite....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter