Cherokee Rose

Monday, November 19, 2007

Turkey Time in Caseville....

Well, I'm off for Caseville today. We are spending Thanksgiving in Caseville like we did last year. But I remember last year the weather was so nice that we decided to grill steaks on the grill instead of going out for a Thanksgiving buffet. This year I'm going to roast a turkey. At the IGA there, they sell Amish turkeys. They were taking orders the last time I was up but I was too sick to get my order in, but I remember last year they had Amish turkeys in the store too to sell. So I'm hoping to be able to just buy one. They are smaller and very fresh.

I also have all the yard work to do that I couldn't get done last time. The yard waste pickup runs only through November, so I have to get all my mums cut down now. And get the leaves picked up. So we have a lot to do. I'm leaving today with Mini, Pepper and Brinks....then hubby will drive up either tomorrow or Wednesday with Lucky. I don't trust Lucky in the same car as Brinks!

I'm hoping to stay through til the first week of December. Thanksgiving is so damn early this year. It feels like it should be on Nov 29 not Nov 22....too early.

I am really looking forward to going up there cause my trip last time was a total waste.....in bed sick all week....yuck!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

Also....Nov 12 was two years of NO SMOKING FOR ME!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    oh yeah 2 years for you too my friend sheila too hoooooooooow bout that we are doign good.. ok here is the deal hubby is ready to move back hoem but it will be up past port huron adn maybe past minden city too alpina sounds good. so who knows. enjoy your thanksgivign I am sorry I SUCK rgetting here.... love ya good luck withhte stupid bird you coudl come here and let him go here they are all over all year.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter