Cherokee Rose

Saturday, April 29, 2006

There's nothing like indoor plumbing....

I've been back from Caseville since Wednesday and I've tried a couple times to post something but my computer keeps acting up and freezing up on me and giving me errors and bullcrap as usual. So I'll try again....

First of all, my dog Lucky is fine. I took him to the vet and they ran blood work on him. He was running a temp so they know he had some kind of infection going on, but they couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was....so they gave me some pills and an antibiotic to give him. Then I was off to Caseville and it took a few days for him to start feeling better. We do notice that his breath is a lot better than it was, cause his breath was getting to be really horrid, so we think he must have had an infection in his mouth or teeth.

We had major problems getting our water turned back on in the new cottage. The plumber could get water at the well but not in the house. The main water pipe is a 1/2" galvanize pipe and apparently when the water was shut off all winter with no water flow going through, it blocked up....that happens with those old galvanized pipes. So we had to run a new water line into the house. That proved to be expensive. In order to run a line without having a trench dug from the well to the inside of the house....which would mean ruining my grass, driveway, flower bed, deck, not to mention tearing up the cement in that part of the house....we ended up hiring this guy who has this bore drilling machine and he drills down beneath the frost line and bores a trench underneath everything and comes up at the right spot in the house....costly, yes....but worth it. Then the plumber hooks up the pipe at the well, runs it through the trench and connects in the house. But then, of course, we had another problem. It seems that the piping in the bathroom ran off the main pipe with the blockage, so the plumber had to run another line to the bathroom. It was a real royal pain, but by Friday we had running water in the house!!! In the meantime, we had water at the well so I would fill up 2 gallon jugs and use that to flush the toilets and whatever else.

Then we had a problem with the Satellite. We got it hooked up but we could not get the local channels to come in at night, so we were missing all our favorite TV shows and I was pissed royal! I thought that it was always going to be that way. We got the local channels during the day, but by about 8:00 the signal was lost. So I told them I wanted to cancel it and I'll get cable. They told me it shouldn't be that way...there was a problem and they can fix it....so the guy came back out and did something with the dish and I had a stronger signal. So now everything is okay. I have my American Idol and my 24 and all my faves! It's unbelievable how great a picture I get with the new LCD TV and Satellite.....my TV at home really sucks now.

I got my new refrigerator delivered without a hitch....a small miracle...


I just love the new place! It is more like a home...and everything looks so nice. My husband really liked the way I have things. I am so excited for summer to come. I didn't even want to come home....and yesterday I was so damn depressed being here....cause here I have all the problems to deal with...all the crap....the realities of life I suppose. Caseville is my fantasyland....do nothing....fun, fun, fun place.


So last Saturday was my grandson's birthday but we are going to celebrate it tomorrow since I wasn't here anyway last weekend. He is 2 years old now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter